Applied Portal...

Started by Charlie Charbonneau, August 25, 2016, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Golas

True on the compatibility view front, but less true on the programming front. I think its less programming to use standards now than to use IE's proprietary stuff, as Firefox and Chrome have blown IE away in terms of market share. The fact that I have to constantly tweak IE to get it to work right whereas Firefox (and likely Chrome) work out of the box says it all.

Quote from: Bob on September 02, 2016, 01:30:10 PM
You may have to add to compatibility view if using IE11 or Edge.   I notice too more and more sites using SSL are requiring being added as a trusted site for things to operate normally.   Not speaking Applied but in general.  Example if you use a site and can't print a PDF spawned file, likely because site is not a trusted site.

Reason Applied, Nexsure and other use IE.  Less programming.   Use proprietary to IE add-ons, plugins.    These allow for example check boxes, some pop ups etc that without IE won't happen.  Think of it as a visual basic for HTML/IE.  Less markup and writing by adding IE modules.   End result is it will only work in IE11.   When you use Firefox, the site doesn't appear nor work properly because of the missing components that are specific to IE 11.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Bob

I agree with you unfortunately Applied, XDTI and others see it different.   So rather than support multiple browsers, they opt IE and add-ons.   All about time and money.

Without the add-ons they use which are tied to IE wouldn't have radio buttons and more objects.   Those add-ons that now do this save time/expense.  I know this to be true as I was shown in trouble shooting Nexsure accounting issues.   Even notice same situation on the user site.   This is all part to bring demand for their product, meaning MS.   Boxing out. 

You can get 80% to work but all the fine tuning in world won't fix missing boxes and other things if they use these MS add ons.  MS is banking on them to.

You can't do accounting in Nexsure without using IE.  Tweak all you want..  Buttons and things won't be there and can't create them nor make them interact with app.

Sadly more vendors are taking it up because it's a time and cost saver to them.    As I see it this plan is working in business world.   Seeing more and more do exactly this.  Forces you to use MS product and IE11.   

I use FF for everything but our management system.   Simply will not work.  View-able sure, workable no.

DebAmstutz

Applied is listed in compatibility view so I don't know what's up.  I will try another day.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Bob

Probably have but just in case have you cleaned out your temp files both IE and Windows?

I would clean out C:\windows\temp

C:\users\username\AppData\local\temp

and of course IE Internet options, delete then make sure box checked for Temporary Internet Files. 

Failing to do this on at least a monthly basis  can cause sites to not work right picking up old temp files or cached files,   Sometimes it can even mess up printing PDF files.  Good to clean up.   Then go back and try again.

Karen

I think you have to take Applied out of compatibility view - at least that is what they did for me and then I was able to log in. 

Bob

Interesting..  I'm not a member so can't speak for site.  Usually by default no site is in compatibility view.  Have to add it manually when things don't display correctly.   Site would either work, of if it didn't, then you would add to compatibility view to troubleshoot.

She is using IE having issues so my guess is workstations needs to be cleaned up.   Ignoring those folders and temp file will drive every user crazy sooner or later.   Amazing in doing so how much gets resolved.

Deb did you ever get a modern computer.   I recall your agency would hold on to things much too long.  I ask so I can assume on W7 or W10 using IE 11?  If your using XP and older version of IE then you have bigger problems.

DebAmstutz

We are all Windows 7 now and using IE 11.  We've been doing fine with things until that &$%#)@^& switch of the Comcast router.  I never noticed slow internet speed, but evidently someone did and now we've had this mess.  I do believe the IPV4 that is being used now is the solution as I haven't had any more problems with drives disconnecting at night.  It's just the aggravatio0n of the Applied site that gets me because I changed the password a couple of weeks ago when prompted and now it won't recognize the password and I can't get the email to get it changed.  I have a tech there I can contact and that may be what I need to do with the website issue.  He may be able to give me a name in order to get it fixed.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

GeorgeW

Thanks, took Applied out of compatibility view and can now use IE11 for the new portal.

Quote from: Karen on September 02, 2016, 03:44:30 PM
I think you have to take Applied out of compatibility view - at least that is what they did for me and then I was able to log in.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Bob

Wow this may be a first..   Always putting sites into compatibility mode with IE 11, now one actually works as it should doesn't need it.  I'm impressed!