Download logs

Started by Sara Lieser, June 24, 2010, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Lieser

What does your agency do with the daily download communication log once it is reviewed/processed?  Is there any reason to keep a PDF?
Sara Lieser
Commercial CSR/Workflow
Mahowald Insurance Agency
Saint Cloud, MN
Epic 2014, 39 Users

Jim Jensen

Ours still print on paper and they get dropped into the day's t-file. They are occasionally referenced to track down issues with download, but that is rare now.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

Same here - sort of...  Prints to paper, but I put in a binder.  We do need to track down download (or NO download) once in a while.  I keep the paper for 6 mo then toss.  So, we will have 6 mo of info at any one time..
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Judy Means

I print the downloads to file to .tif format, email copies to the CSR's and then keep them on the system in a folder on Paperport.  I really don't know if our companies require that we keep them or not.  I just do.  Since it's all on the system, I guess I could treat them as I do record retention...same number of years the laws require.  

Judy
Judy Means
West Texas Insurance Exchange, Inc.
Odessa, Texas
TAM8.5 and other goodies

GeorgeW

Print them to PDF and saved for a year. Rarely have ever had to refer back to one.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Mark

Ours are printed to PDF and archived.  We never discussed how long we'd keep them for but they take up little space.  I have used them when troubleshooting download issues, etc, and think that I have went back one to two months to verify something.

I can't think of a good reason to keep them that long though.  We just haven't gotten that far in our policy yet, and it's probably up to me to bring it up.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Lance Bateman

Only reason we kept them (for 18 months) was for auditors to review and verify they had been checked - we were under SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley).  Seldom had to go back to them.

Jim Jensen

I only keep mine for a lengthy period because I didn't want to create another file. The day's t-file works fine and it's little extra paper. They get destroyed along with the regular t-file on it's schedule. Far longer than I need it, but only 1 set of files to track.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis