Main Menu

HP1320tn - blank pages

Started by Hans Manhave, September 10, 2015, 02:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Golas

Quote from: FWA on September 16, 2015, 04:31:19 PMThere must be gold in them thar hills!  I see eBay has them for $175 - $225.  This 4200tn comes without the 'n'.  As the 615n expired.  But a 620n can be had for $25 on Amazon.  Now considering getting one of those 620n jetdirect cards.

The 620's are rock solid and don't fail like the 615n - that was the other definitely known problem.

And as far as Ricoh - they are BANNED from the building. Never ever ever ever again. I keep a baseball bat under my desk with "in case of Ricoh" inscribed on it.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Hans Manhave

A Ricoh 3245C with 1,670,000+ copies and a Ricoh 1060 with 1,150,000+.  The 3245C is very finicky, but the older 1060 is one great machine now mostly used as a single pass duplex scanner.  The Oki machines have been very well behaved and produce very nice output, I think, on all paper thicknesses that we feed it.  Cardstock, banner, stickers and regular #20 paper.

I appreciate the support I have experienced here.  Hopefully that HP4200 will have a longer life as soon as we can plug it in again.  I'll have two working machines again.

I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 premier (two actually) that I don't even want to talk about.  Those are staying in line for the hardware recycler!
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Hans Manhave

4200 is working fine again after receipt and installation of a 620 Jetdirect card today.

Thanks for all the help!
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jeff Golas

Yay! One more piece of gear saved from the landfill (for now).
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Jeff Golas on September 21, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
Yay! One more piece of gear saved from the landfill (for now).

Yes, that is good.  But, I do not just toss those things.  A recycling firm comes and picks up the old equipment and does whatever those hardware recyclers do.  Then gives me a certificate stating something.  Been a while, don't recall what it says.

Still, nice to have it working.  Now need to make it someone's baby.  :)

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: FWA on September 21, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
4200 is working fine again after receipt and installation of a 620 Jetdirect card today.

Thanks for all the help!

I can remember when the JetDirect cards were hot technology, and a couple hundred bucks (back when a hundred bucks meant something).  Now you can find them for $10-$20 on EBay.  Guess that was back in the "Golden Modem" days.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Lynne Desrochers

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on September 22, 2015, 09:01:09 AM
I can remember when the JetDirect cards were hot technology, and a couple hundred bucks (back when a hundred bucks meant something).  Now you can find them for $10-$20 on EBay.  Guess that was back in the "Golden Modem" days.

Are you trying to get them all to start talking about how young they are again?
Lynne Desrochers

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Lynne Desrochers on September 22, 2015, 09:06:27 AM
Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on September 22, 2015, 09:01:09 AM

Are you trying to get them all to start talking about how young they are again?

They ARE young!  It's pretty bad when I think of Mark Piontek as young, but the newer users think of him as being "older".   
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Mark

Pretty sure I just threw away two JetDirect cards...  :-\
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security