Mismatched customer ID info in Headers

Started by Jeff Zylstra, June 10, 2010, 04:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Zylstra

I have one workstation where the customer names and information do not match in the 2 headers displayed when in the Customer File.  For example, if she chooses to see Jack Smith's attachment list in the Customers screen, the header at the top of the screen will say "Jack Smith" but the header above the Attachments list will say "Ken Smith", and it will be Ken Smith's attachments that are listed, even though she never chose to view any of Ken Smith's data.

This is on an XP Pro SP3 workstation, and it is only happening on this station.  It happens with some regularity (about twice a day), so it is something that needs to be addressed.   It also is not limited to attachments.  It can happen in follow ups, invoice listings, and maybe other areas I'm not aware of.  I have 4 other machines that are identical hardware and OS wise, so I am wondering what is happening.  We are on TAM 10.3, btw.

I'm having Twighlight Zone flashbacks.  Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this before?
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Bob

Curious if the work this person does files this way and does it appear that way on other workstations.  Guess what I mean is, attach to Ken who is Jack on suspect PC.  Now check attachment from a good PC.

Jeff Zylstra

She tries to watch the header just above whatever "list" she is working on (attachments, invoices, follow ups, etc...).  That header shows which customer she is really working on. Of course, it is often not the one she intended to work on.  She then goes to the correct customer by either getting out of that customer, hitting next or previous, etc...   When viewed from another workstation her work is correct, but only because she is very careful what she is doing. You can  certainly see how this would lead to cross entry and other mistakes if the user wasn't aware and careful.  T

I know that if a customer is in use or "locked" by another user that the customer list will advance to the customer under the one you have chosen.  I know that isn't it since only she usually works on these alpha-split accounts, but I'm wondering if it is some kind of file locking issue.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jan Regnier

We had this happen a few times a long (long,long) time ago but I don't think it was "workstation" specific.  It required reindexing to correct if I remember correctly.  Is it possible that it really isn't related to just the workstation and is related to the policy type instead?  Maybe run reindexing a couple of times to see if that corrects the problem?

I looked back through my "notes" (I am not quite a horder - but I have some way-back info I have kept!) and I didn't find anything in regards to this issue.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Charlie Charbonneau

Have you tried reinstalling tam to the workstation?
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jeff Zylstra

No, I've asked several times, and it is just this one workstation.   We reindex every night, and it does not seem to be policy specific.

Something else.  This station seems to have an unpredictable mouse.  You'll be working in the middle of the right side screen or even just resting, and all of the sudden the cursor will jump to the other screen.  I've scanned for viruses on this machine using several different programs, it scans clean and has no other anomalies.  I'm considering an exorcism or a TAM reinstall next.  Not sure witch one.  ;D

Jan Regnier

Maybe the mouse driver can be updated or the mouse swapped out and see if that makes a difference....
I am all for the "easy way out" first.   ;D
Jan Regnier

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on June 14, 2010, 12:17:39 PM

Something else.  This station seems to have an unpredictable mouse.  You'll be working in the middle of the right side screen or even just resting, and all of the sudden the cursor will jump to the other screen.  I've scanned for viruses on this machine using several different programs, it scans clean and has no other anomalies.  I'm considering an exorcism or a TAM reinstall next.  Not sure witch one.  ;D

Would this be a Logitech Trackball type of mouse?  I have had those for years, but about a month ago I've had to discard both the wireless and the wired model in favor of a plain old Logitech non-trackball type mouse.  I tried both PS/2 and USB port models and that made no difference in mouse acceptance.  No problem with the standard type mouse.  Before I discarded the trackball model, I knew it would jump around once in a while, but after 30 seconds or so it would be fine again for a week or more.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Alice

Is it a wireless mouse? I've seen similar symptoms when user changes out batteries and does not properly connect and picks up someone elses frequency.

Jeff Zylstra

It's a corded USB mouse and has the "laser" on the bottom of it.  I've already replaced it once, and also installed new mouse driver for it.  It's an XP Pro machine with Windows "classic" theme, so I don't think that it's settings.  I have other machines that are identical that don't have this issue, so I'm stumped.

Jan Regnier

Sell it......  and replace it....  it will be faster and cheaper than more investigative work... ;D
Jan Regnier