Author Topic: TAM to Epic Formletters & Proposals  (Read 2705 times)

Offline TrishaOurs

• True Believer
  • I'm full of surprises...
Re: TAM to Epic Formletters & Proposals
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

I really wish the Epic error would give me some kind of hint.
[/quote]

That would be too easy!
Trisha Ours, CISR

Offline Heather Reetz

• True Believer
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »
 :D
Heather Reetz
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!
50ish Users; 15 remote, Epic Cloud, 2016 Servers, Terminal Services w/RDP, 3CX VOIP, O365/Pro Plus, HP Wyse & Dell Thin Clients, iPads, iPhones

Offline Jeff Zylstra

• ScurvyDawg
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 09:00:05 am »

I really wish the Epic error would give me some kind of hint.

That would be too easy!
[/quote]

The dictionary says that the closest synonym to "epic error" is "fubar"  ;)
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Offline Heather Reetz

• True Believer
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:52 am »

The dictionary says that the closest synonym to "epic error" is "fubar"  ;)
[/quote]

Or "snafu"  :P
Heather Reetz
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!
50ish Users; 15 remote, Epic Cloud, 2016 Servers, Terminal Services w/RDP, 3CX VOIP, O365/Pro Plus, HP Wyse & Dell Thin Clients, iPads, iPhones

Offline cmazzare

• Lurker
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 10:32:15 pm »
Hi, not been here often - Canadian user... and French to boot.... lol
But presently we are merging two entities (broker firms) one using TAM the other using EPIC....... We at the TAM brokerage have developed some Form-Letters that we would like to use once we all convert or bring over to EPIC.. I comprehend that now they will be Proposals and we must change the ''LANGUAGE"" to accept the same form in EPIC.... That sais.... I'm presently experimenting with a DEMO VERSION OF epic.... :) --- When I try to import a template into Epic it ask me to import a .zip file.............. please is this normal, what happened to "RTf documents ??? do I need to convert all the .RTF's in .zip files............... what am I missing ?

Offline Mark

• ScurvyDawg
  • meh.
    • Mark Piontek
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 08:18:21 am »
Hi, not been here often - Canadian user... and French to boot.... lol
But presently we are merging two entities (broker firms) one using TAM the other using EPIC....... We at the TAM brokerage have developed some Form-Letters that we would like to use once we all convert or bring over to EPIC.. I comprehend that now they will be Proposals and we must change the ''LANGUAGE"" to accept the same form in EPIC.... That sais.... I'm presently experimenting with a DEMO VERSION OF epic.... :) --- When I try to import a template into Epic it ask me to import a .zip file.............. please is this normal, what happened to "RTf documents ??? do I need to convert all the .RTF's in .zip files............... what am I missing ?

As far as I know, you can only import items to Epic that have been exported from Epic.  You won't be able to import those form letters from TAM.  However, all you need to do is copy and paste the form letters to get them in there.  You WILL need to update the fields to use Epic fields as the TAM fields are not compatible.

Also, form letters do still exist in Epic, so you don't need to put all your letters under proposals - it's still the same as TAM where there is a proposal section and a form letter section.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of IT
BS in Information Systems Security
MarkPiontek.com

Offline cmazzare

• Lurker
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 10:01:11 am »
Thank you Mark,  I'll try the copy and paste.... I do know that we need to update the fields to Epic format.... !

Offline Jan Regnier

• Scalliwag
  • Users Helping Users
    • Regnier Insurance Services
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 10:04:39 am »
I just moved all of our form letters and all of the new agency's form letters into EPIC.  I saved all the letters as word doc and then as was stated - just copied the body of the letter and put in the new EPIC fields (which I found cumbersome!! and tricky to find).  Most of our letters didn't require much in the way of other than basic info...name, address, Dear name....etc. so it was easy to recreate them.  They were created in EPIC DEMO and then imported into Epic.
Jan Regnier
Regnier Insurance Services, Highland, IN 6 Users
TAM V2017 HF3, MS 2012 R2 Server, Windows 10 PRO WS; MSOffice 2016