How to: "save images from a Word file"

Started by Jan Regnier, June 18, 2010, 03:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

Saw this on the "other NG" - it's one of those items I save for future use....  it was info I didn't know but I am sure others know it.  Thought I would share here for others who may need info in the future.  BTW -this info is from Aaron Hardy:

The fastest/easiest way to save images from a Word file is to save as a web page:

Open the word doc
Click File/Save AS
Chose the save location (very important you know where it is)
Select web page (*htm or *.html) from the drop down box
Click save
**Make sure you choose web page NOT Single File Web Page -

Once you have completed this you should find a file and a folder (in your save location)  All your images will be in the folder.  Open the folder and under view, select "thumbnails" and rename.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Zylstra

Has anyone else noticed the conspicuous absence of any "save a copy" function in the ASCNet forums?  I have a ton of posts that I've saved from the ASCNet newsgroups over the years.  I noticed immediately that we can E-mail ourselves a copy of posts in AU's site.  Oh well, let's hope that this will be added at some point.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

brinkerdana

I hope they come up with something.  I have a lot of reference material from the Newsgroups over the years. 
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired