Employee changes

Started by Mark Rowe, May 27, 2015, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Rowe

It's been a while since I did this so I want to ask before I do. How do I change the CSR code from 1 CSR to another. We had an employee retire and just hired a replacement.  Is it the rename utility or the workload utility or a combination of both?
Mark Rowe, CIC
Michaud, Rowe & Ruscak Insurance Associates, Inc.
North Andover, MA 01845
TAM 2014 R2, Etfile, 10 Users

Jan Regnier

Mark - I believe it will be the RENAME Codes to change the CSR codes on accounts.  The Workload reassignment does not rename one CSR code to another.  I would guess that once you have the new CSR code in you could use the reassignment utility but I would think using the Rename codes may be more efficient to catch all of the retiring CSR accts.  I haven't done this for a Long time either!
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Sherry Burrell

And you need to run the utility in Reports to reassign open activities to the new CSR in TAM.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Mark Rowe

Quote from: Sherry Burrell on May 27, 2015, 10:13:09 AM
And you need to run the utility in Reports to reassign open activities to the new CSR in TAM.

I did not even know that utility existed in reports. Thanks...and thanks to you too Jan!
Mark Rowe, CIC
North Andover, MA 01845

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Mark Rowe on May 27, 2015, 10:51:17 AM
Quote from: Sherry Burrell on May 27, 2015, 10:13:09 AM

I did not even know that utility existed in reports. Thanks...and thanks to you too Jan!

I think that is the workload reassignment tool she's talking about, isn't it?
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jan Regnier

No, I don't think so, Jeff....there are two reports under Activities in REPORTS -  not sure which one is the correct one.....OPEN CHANGE REQUESTS or CHANGE ACTIVITY FILE UTIL.  The Workload util is in UTILITIES not REPORTS.
Jan Regnier

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Jan Regnier on May 27, 2015, 12:42:31 PM
No, I don't think so, Jeff....there are two reports under Activities in REPORTS -  not sure which one is the correct one.....OPEN CHANGE REQUESTS or CHANGE ACTIVITY FILE UTIL.  The Workload util is in UTILITIES not REPORTS.

It's been a while since I've done this, so a refresher is always welcome.  Thanks, Jan.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Mark

Don't think you want to rename the CSR code!  I suppose it may depend on how your agency operates, but if you rename the old CSR code to a new CSR, then ALL the history for the old CSR will reflect the new CSR.  Might not seem like a big deal, but what about years from now?

I would create the new CSR, then use the who to follow up utility in reports and also the reassignment utility.  Just my two cents.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Mark Rowe

Quote from: Mark on May 27, 2015, 02:25:14 PM
Don't think you want to rename the CSR code!  I suppose it may depend on how your agency operates, but if you rename the old CSR code to a new CSR, then ALL the history for the old CSR will reflect the new CSR.  Might not seem like a big deal, but what about years from now?

I would create the new CSR, then use the who to follow up utility in reports and also the reassignment utility.  Just my two cents.

But it won't change the Op ID which is really what you need on something from the past. I just need to know "who done it" as opposed to who was "s'posed to have done it".
Mark Rowe, CIC
North Andover, MA 01845

GeorgeW

We did like Mark below when we were on TAM. We never renamed the CSR code.

Quote from: Mark on May 27, 2015, 02:25:14 PM

George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Mark Rowe

Ok so what exactly is the reassignment utility supposed to change?  It changed "some" of the CSR codes on the main customer screen but not any of the CSR codes on the policy screen.
Mark Rowe, CIC
North Andover, MA 01845

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Mark Rowe on June 08, 2015, 08:48:18 AM
Ok so what exactly is the reassignment utility supposed to change?  It changed "some" of the CSR codes on the main customer screen but not any of the CSR codes on the policy screen.

I'm pretty sure that this primarily reassigns "open" items from the old CSR to the new CSR.  Not sure what it does to history, if anything.  I do know that we keep the old CSR codes and names, and put "DO NOT USE" in front of their names so it keeps history.

Mark Rowe

What I am getting at is not to change any history but I do need the CSR codes changed on the customer and policy screens to reflect who is servicing the account now otherwise every time you enter an activity the old CSR code goes on the activity.  I must be missing something because it seems like this should be pretty easy to accomplish.
Mark Rowe, CIC
North Andover, MA 01845

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Mark Rowe on June 08, 2015, 10:31:50 AM
What I am getting at is not to change any history but I do need the CSR codes changed on the customer and policy screens to reflect who is servicing the account now otherwise every time you enter an activity the old CSR code goes on the activity.  I must be missing something because it seems like this should be pretty easy to accomplish.

I think you are looking for the Workload Reassignment Utility then.  It wouldn't hurt to call support, however, since that kind of thing is what you pay them for!

GeorgeW

We are no longer on TAM. However, when we were back on Version 11 something, it was possible to change the CSR on the policy screens also with the CSR workload reassignment utility (unless I've totally lost my mind, which is possible!)   ;D
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Mark Rowe

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on June 08, 2015, 11:17:18 AM
Quote from: Mark Rowe on June 08, 2015, 10:31:50 AM

I think you are looking for the Workload Reassignment Utility then.  It wouldn't hurt to call support, however, since that kind of thing is what you pay them for!

Thats what I ran....it didn't do it.
Mark Rowe, CIC
North Andover, MA 01845

Jan Regnier

It looks like there may be an issue with this utility - some issues on KB..where it's not doing what it is supposed to do.  No solutions...
Jan Regnier

Bob

CSR workload reassignment utility is a joke.

I had to do a project in which we renamed CSR's (leaving TAM and cleaning up), I ran 6 times and it failed to change many..   After many more attempts I gave up let a part time kid update them.  So sick and tired of TAM we've moved on.