Downloading Activities

Started by DSYork, January 29, 2015, 10:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSYork

Hello,

We started downloading Commercial Lines in our agency and I want to know how to turn on the DOWN activity on the customer level?  SO when downloads come in for a particular client the activity will show up on the CSR's home screen?

Please advise?  Any help at this point would be appreciated?

Thanks!

Jim Jensen

The DOWN activity setup options are in Security Manager>General>Activity Defaults>Define Activity Categories. There you can choose who should follow up (CSR) and what the follow time and actions are. The DOWN activity applies to ALL policies that are downloaded - no differentiation between PL or CL.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DSYork

Hi Jim,

I turned that ON, and I did my first download with Travelers on Monday and none of my CSR's received an activity with the download.  Than I spoke to TAM and they said I had to turn it on under company file interface/download/activity notes.  I did that and still nothing. Now today I spoke to TAM again and they said that the only person that sees activities is the person who actually does the download.  I spoke with her and she too still hasn't received activities.  I am now super confused and keep getting the run around from TAM. 

Jan Regnier

Jim - we don't do this process - but looking at the options on the home screen under filter options - could this be where the setup needs to addressed so they get what they are looking for?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: DSYork on January 29, 2015, 10:31:57 AM
Hi Jim,

I turned that ON, and I did my first download with Travelers on Monday and none of my CSR's received an activity with the download.  Than I spoke to TAM and they said I had to turn it on under company file interface/download/activity notes.  I did that and still nothing. Now today I spoke to TAM again and they said that the only person that sees activities is the person who actually does the download.  I spoke with her and she too still hasn't received activities.  I am now super confused and keep getting the run around from TAM.

A couple of thoughts.  First, is the "DOWN" activity one of those "hard coded" activities that can't be changed, or has limited changes?  Also, I think that the activities are generated when you run the "update" procedure to assign the downloads to their respective policies on each customer.  If this wasn't set up properly to begin with and you've already run the update process, the activities would not show up.  Also, you may want to have the CSRs exit and re-enter TAM since I think activities some times don't update properly without that.  Just a couple of thoughts and things to try.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

DSYork

I ran an update and the CSR's still didn't receive the activities. 

Bob

As far as I am aware you can't have an OPEN activity nor assign to someone else.  They are closed automatically and recorded under the person doing download.  You could run an activity report for DOWN but that's about it.   

When you download a log is printed.  We distribute this to staff in a PDF file every morning.  They review them.  Depending on settings in download you can have it bring awareness of increase in premium so staff reviews why.  Nice feature so you can be proactive with clients vs. them calling and complaining about why is my premium so much more..

DOWN activity is very limiting unfortunately.

Jim Jensen

I have had our set to close automatically, 0 days after the action date, that I can't really comment how well it works with other settings. I know that most agencies do like Bob's where the review is done using the Communications Log, rather than the DOWN activity. The only think I've used them for myself is to somewhat reconstruct a Communications Log when it doesn't print correctly and is already replaced by another session.

We use the Comm Log with exception parameters set up, as Bob describes, so we can see significant premium changes.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

We do the same as Bob and Jim......
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

DSYork

Thank you so much for your help!

How do you set up the Comm Logs

Bob

Utility manager
Company Fire Interface Setup
Choose one of the companies you're setup to download with.  (Note have to repeat for each company)
Click Download tab

On the bottom says "Exception Reports"  (Print exception report when premium change exceeds these limits:)
You can either enter a Dollar Amount or a Percentage

Save.

Again repeat this for each of your carriers you're downloading with.  :)

DSYork