Downloading TAM updates

Started by Hans Manhave, December 05, 2014, 12:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Still on 10.8.  It has been good.

Wanting to download 11.0, but there is no place to download.  Tried MSIE 8, FF 33.1 on WinXP and MSIE 11 on Win7.  In fact, the MSIE 11 works the least.

Now what do I do?  I may be stuck in the '80s forever.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jan Regnier

Oops...if downloading TAM - yes the link is on the right side of the screen under  SUPPORT "home page"  - "Software Downloads Page" in blue type.    Not sure why it's not more readily visible  -  I downloaded with IE 9.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are still on MSIE 9.....everything works with it  - 11 didn't so we went back to 9...staying there for now.  I use FF 33.1  - a few things don't work with it (like Selective) but most things do.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Zylstra

If you are talking about downloading the software to update TAM, I think I had to use Firefox for that, because I couldn't get IE to load it correctly.  Nothing showed on the screen.  Also, the download link is off to the right of the screen if I remember correctly, and I had to scroll over and resize the screen to see it and click on it.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Hans Manhave

I noticed the link, but haven't found that it downloads.

According to support, IE 10 is needed and IE 11 is not supported.

It appears to me something is just not going forward with the times.  A simple 'download.appliedsystems.com' or some other site could easily provide log in security and bypass the version politics.

I will just note that I tried and there is no known solution.  I'll see about ordering the CDs or DVDs.

Something like this should not be browser specific.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jan Regnier

I know it worked with IE 9...  that's all we have here.  I had no issue downloading or installing 2014 & 2014 R2.  We were on 2013.

Actually now that i think about it...I am not sure if I downloaded it with FF 33.1 or with IE 9. but it WAS one of them.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Zylstra

I do remember having to delete temp files and cache using CCLeaner, but I don't remember much beyond that.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jim Jensen

IE 11 won't even load all of the options to try to download. I'm sure I used Chrome in the past - it loads everything fine, but when I hit the download button, nothing happens. MIGHTY WEAK for a software company!!! >:(
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Jim Jensen on December 05, 2014, 04:59:39 PM
IE 11 won't even load all of the options to try to download. I'm sure I used Chrome in the past - it loads everything fine, but when I hit the download button, nothing happens. MIGHTY WEAK for a software company!!! >:(

Now that I think about it, I may have downloaded it from a different workstation, with older versions because of issues. Pretty darn pathetic!
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Charlie Charbonneau

I'm able to access and save via I.E. 11 after adding appliedsystems.com to the compatibility settings if that helps.  It fails then I have to retry and am able to save/run.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on December 08, 2014, 09:50:52 AM
I'm able to access and save via I.E. 11 after adding appliedsystems.com to the compatibility settings if that helps.  It fails then I have to retry and am able to save/run.

This worked for me as well. +1
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Hans Manhave

Applied Systems support kindly set up a download area for me.  All this browser specific stuff is ridiculous.  I have five browsers installed on some of my workstations.  Even my iPhone contains three: Safari, Dolphin and Mercury. 

Mark Rowe

Glad you got this resolved. I have found the website to be hit or miss on the download page. I was able to download with both FF and IE11. But a couple of days it didn't work....said something like your download may not start right away. Then went in the next day and it worked fine. That happened a couple of different times over the course of a couple of months.
Mark Rowe, CIC
Michaud, Rowe & Ruscak Insurance Associates, Inc.
North Andover, MA 01845
TAM 2014 R2, Etfile, 10 Users

Hans Manhave

I now have TAM 11, 12, 12.5.3, 14, and 14.2.5 or whatever name they may have when installed.  And BatchBack 11, 12, 12.5.3 and 14.0.2.

Sure am glad Applied has a full speed connection for this.  Would have hated to do at Garmin maps update speed.