Main Menu

RCU?

Started by Andrew Carrick, June 02, 2010, 11:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Can someone remind me what this stands for, in Billing Screen (policy DBF)? Clean answers only.....
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

Does it matter what it means?  It contains the two line note field from the billing screen.  This is what used to contain the policy info in early versions.  After a while they were still accessible with the Alt-O combination.  We used to have four lines of text into which we would lay out codes that would then accept levels of benefits/limits etc.  It was an art to design inside the limited space.  

Before Windows one could actually space things just right and pull info based on specific location of characters.  Now with variable text width, it is not really possible to put something in space 60-63, for example.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

It matters to me because I want to know  :D

Anyway, if you do a policy search it appears at top of that column as field name.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Gene Foraker

Risk, Coverage, Underwriting.

Before we had actual dec pages in TAM, we would put as much info into what has become the Billing Screen as we we could.   Each position was mapped out and if we were careful about putting the info in exactly the correct place it was searchable.

So, a Homeowners policy RCU could contain abbreviations of the form, deductible, coverage A, limit of liability, etc.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Andrew Carrick

Ah, thanks Gene. Man, what fun times you must have had in the old days!
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

brinkerdana

Help me!  I'm getting old.  I remember those days of trying to cram all the coverage details into that one screen.  First exposure to Applied was 1988. 

We've come a long way, baby!
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired