Mass Rename of Marketing Codes?

Started by insurebaltimore, May 05, 2010, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

insurebaltimore

I'm guessing there's no utility for this.  Has anyone done it via TAMDBFR?  If so, a "how to" would be of tremendous help.
Jason Gobbel
Microsoft Certified | Six Sigma - Lean/DFSS Certified

"I even put the router lower than the server so the bits gain speed going downhill!" - Rick

Che Guevara

When you guys get to an SQL database ( which I have now) you will find doing things like this a dream.

Where is EPIC at anyway????

Jeff Zylstra

EPIC is available for online use only right now.  There are several agencies on it, but more to follow.  Willis Insurance should start rolling it out the end of this summer for some of their locations.  I believe that they will be hosting it on their own servers, but don't quote me on that.  That will be a HUGE user base when all of their users get on EPIC. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Che Guevara

I wonder whether they will let you run sql quiries on your database. They are quite simple to change things around and you can control them nicely

Here is one I use to mass change abeyances that are open ( not closed ones as it does not touch them) from once CSR to another based on an alpha split. Use an SQL extension and run on the sql server.

UPDATE Abeyance
SET Abeyance.ProducerCode = 'MER'
FROM Abeyance LEFT OUTER JOIN
                      FolderDetails ON Abeyance.FolderID = FolderDetails.FolderID
WHERE     (Abeyance.ProducerCode = 'LAU') AND Abeyance.DateCompleted Is Null AND FolderDetails.FolderName Like '[A-M]%';

Andrew Carrick

Quote from: insurebaltimore on May 05, 2010, 09:59:29 AM
I'm guessing there's no utility for this.  Has anyone done it via TAMDBFR?  If so, a "how to" would be of tremendous help.
How many are you talking about? Only workaround I know is to use the Search facility and the Next button and go through the relevant cases manually chaning codes - I did this when we needed to get rid of a load of Prospects, changed the marketing code to DEL then could purge them all at once. Tedious job though.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

insurebaltimore

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on May 06, 2010, 04:36:21 AM
Quote from: insurebaltimore on May 05, 2010, 09:59:29 AM
How many are you talking about? Only workaround I know is to use the Search facility and the Next button and go through the relevant cases manually chaning codes - I did this when we needed to get rid of a load of Prospects, changed the marketing code to DEL then could purge them all at once. Tedious job though.

Show off!
Jason Gobbel
Microsoft Certified | Six Sigma - Lean/DFSS Certified

"I even put the router lower than the server so the bits gain speed going downhill!" - Rick

Andrew Carrick

Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.