New Server & Symantec Endpoint AV Update - Problems :-)

Started by mblack, April 29, 2014, 08:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mblack

Unfortunately I don't think that's going to work.  Saw that this morning.  The ICA Client is called within Chubb's system.  I've attached a print screen of the error.

Margaret Black
mblack@ambins.com
Allan M Block Agency, Tarrytown, NY
ASCnet PAC - Customer / LEAD - Nominations
TAM 12.5.3 25 users, W2008 Server, Office 2007, Exchange, @vantage 9.0, Ezlynx Rating

Mark

Gotchya.  I would definitely call Chubb.  You are probably not the only agency with this problem.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

mblack

Well the culprit was .... our Sonicwall!  A settign was off which sure did cause some issues.

Thanks for all the help.  I sure appreciated it!
Margaret Black
mblack@ambins.com
TAM 12.5.3 25 users, W2008 Server, Office 2007, Exchange, @vantage 9.0, Ezlynx Rating

Bob

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: mblack on April 30, 2014, 11:09:49 AM
Well the culprit was .... our Sonicwall!  A settign was off which sure did cause some issues.

Thanks for all the help.  I sure appreciated it!

Please tell me that there was at least something in the router log that said it was blocking things?  I've had it where it would block something, but I hadn't checked the box to report that type of thing because it wasn't very clear on what it was reporting on.  I'm not real impressed on SonicWall's logging and/or reporting.  Either it's too intrusive or bothersome, or things that should ALWAYS be reported (like a blocked access attempt), aren't reported. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Charlie Charbonneau

Inquiring minds want to know, what was the offending SW doing? or not doing?
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

mblack

Check with our techs, in a nutshell, on the SonicWall, under zones for LAN, needed to disable some of the auto blocking options. Once this was done, all returned to normal on our network with the internet.
Margaret Black
mblack@ambins.com

Charlie Charbonneau

Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...