Main Menu

It's official...

Started by Alice Mooney, January 07, 2014, 10:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Mooney

I am no longer in the IT department.  I now work for insurance. This is a good thing and I'm looking forward to actively contributing instead of just recommending. Since there's no longer an agency management system that requires inside technical support, I am free to help insurance focus on such things like procedures/workflows so they can hold the users accountable and eventually pass audits with flying colors; be involved in projects from the beginning instead of towards the end when IT got involved; and many more things and whatever else they need.
New year - "new" job. Very exciting!
Wish me luck!!
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Mark

Good luck!  Sounds a bit less frustrating for you!
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jan Regnier

Good Luck, Alice....  Happy you will be doing what you find more productive! It's much better to guide it from the beginning rather than shoveling up the crap from the end!  ;D
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Bloody Jack Kidd

Sysadmin - Parallel42

Jeff Zylstra

Fantastic! It sounds like these people will be nicer to you and appreciate you more.    I'm so happy for you! 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

brinkerdana

Best of luck, Alice.  Sounds like a much better position with less frustration.

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

GeorgeW

Since you say the management system requires no inside technical support, do all the users contact Vertafore themselves?
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Alice Mooney

Quote from: GeorgeW on January 07, 2014, 02:26:36 PM
Since you say the management system requires no inside technical support, do all the users contact Vertafore themselves?
They still contact AAA Support, and they contact Vertafore if they determine it's a connection issue. If it's determined to be a training/security access issue, it's turned over to the users manager.
What I meant was that I'm no longer needed to monitor the downloads, install TAM updates/upgrades, make sure the backups are working, etc.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Alice Mooney

Thanks everyone!
Now I get the opportunity to do what I was made to do and know I'm good at.  That doesn't happen to everyone in their lifetime and I'm very grateful.  It was a complete pay-grade slide so it seems we all got what we wanted out of this move.

If anyone...and I mean anyone here..."hears" me complaining 6 months from now, please remind me of this   ::)  lol
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Mark

Quote from: Alice on January 07, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
If anyone...and I mean anyone here..."hears" me complaining 6 months from now, please remind me of this   ::)  lol

Noted! ;)  8)  ;D
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

Congrats Alice!   ;D   You mean there is life after TAM?

I'm setting a calendar action item to watch for the six month span.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Bob

Congrats hopefully a better experience!  :)

DebAmstutz

Late with congratulations but the wish is still sincere!  Glad you can work the way you have been wanting to work!

(I've been snowed in since Sunday-county plow cleared one lane on my road last night, finally.)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Alice Mooney

Not late, Deb, and thank you!

I'll take all the good lucks and well wishes any time.  ;)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Alice on January 08, 2014, 09:16:17 PM
Not late, Deb, and thank you!

I'll take all the good lucks and well wishes any time.  ;)

Just gave you an "extra" karma point to send you along your way to everlasting bliss and happiness!  OK.  A little BS there, but you have paid your dues and deserve all you can get.   ;)
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

Alice Mooney

Quote from: Flag Waving American on January 07, 2014, 04:31:12 PM
Congrats Alice!   ;D   You mean there is life after TAM?
Ya know...I sooo want to comment, but promised myself no more bashing b/c I get angry all over again and it makes my blood pressure spike.  Getting too old for that $hite.
But I still have much I'd like to say...just wrong forum to do so.
Still luv ya, Hans  ;)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Ric

Quote from: Alice on January 07, 2014, 10:07:14 AM
I am no longer in the IT department.  I now work for insurance. This is a good thing and I'm looking forward to actively contributing instead of just recommending. Since there's no longer an agency management system that requires inside technical support, I am free to help insurance focus on such things like procedures/workflows so they can hold the users accountable and eventually pass audits with flying colors; be involved in projects from the beginning instead of towards the end when IT got involved; and many more things and whatever else they need.
New year - "new" job. Very exciting!
Wish me luck!!

Yay!  Very happy for your Alice!
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365