Night Utilities query

Started by Andrew Carrick, April 16, 2010, 03:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Our NU has started taking a lot longer to run recently. We're trying to figure out why. Can anyone identfy for me the following processes on the WNIGHT error log please? Do these times seem reasonable?

04/16/2010 01:42:31 WUT_TR began.
04/16/2010 04:31:48 WUT_TR ended.
04/16/2010 04:31:48 WINCBAL began.
04/16/2010 04:37:38 WINCBAL ended. (OK 6 minutes is fine!)
04/16/2010 04:37:39 WINUTSIB began.
04/16/2010 06:07:28 WINUTSIB ended
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bloody Jack Kidd

Just so that the comparison's are fair - what kind of hardware are we talking here - both the system running Night Utils & the file server hosting the TAM files?  Process / memory / disk sub-system + also network, is it fast ethernet or gigabit?
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Bloody Jack Kidd

is that log saved somewhere or just printed out when NU completes?  My Logs directory does not seem to have a log with similar entries...

???
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Andrew Carrick

No I can't find one either. Must be a transient thing (much like happiness). Anyway we think we've got a problem with at least one of our gigabit switches, so we're doing some tests. If that's not the problem I'll post our specs.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice

I think you might be talking about this log:
G:\TAM\SAV\nightlog.err

Alice

Andrew Carrick

That seems to be the one. Rick do you have it as well?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Bloody Jack Kidd

ah yes, I do.

WINUTSIB took ~ 6 mins last time it ran (doesn't mean it's always that quick)
WUT_TR - looking back through the years, it's all over the map from seconds to hours

I guess it depends on how much work NU has to accomplish...
Sysadmin - Parallel42