New computers - Windows 7 Pro 32 bit

Started by Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski, May 03, 2013, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Golas

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on May 03, 2013, 01:42:57 PM
I was on 10.7 until a week ago, and just bought 3 new Windows 7, 64 bit machines.  The 16 bit DOS app that opens along with Homebase and keeps track of which applications are still open in TAM (forget what it's called), can't run in Windows 64 bit because it does not support 16 bit apps. 

I agree with Bob.  You should check out newer versions of TAM.

So if a policy doesn't open properly do they have you open the lid and wiggle the tubes too?? :-)
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Jeff Golas on May 06, 2013, 10:23:59 AM
I was on 10.7 until a week ago, and just bought 3 new Windows 7, 64 bit machines.  The 16 bit DOS app that opens along with Homebase and keeps track of which applications are still open in TAM (forget what it's called), can't run in Windows 64 bit because it does not support 16 bit apps. 

So if a policy doesn't open properly do they have you open the lid and wiggle the tubes too?? :-)

Funny timing on the tubes comment. Yesterday I had to go check on  vacant church building and do some inventory work in it. Found that the organ has tubes in it, just like the old TVs! If those tubes go out, that organ's trash!
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Jim Jensen on May 07, 2013, 09:48:31 AM

Nah.  Just take the bad tube to the 5 and dime and have it tested!  Seriously, there are still some audiophiles out there that prefer the smoother sound of transistors instead of transistors in stereo equipment and the like.  I have to believe that somewhere on the net that these tubes still exist!

Funny timing on the tubes comment. Yesterday I had to go check on  vacant church building and do some inventory work in it. Found that the organ has tubes in it, just like the old TVs! If those tubes go out, that organ's trash!
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jeff Golas

Tubes are very much still being manufactured (Sovtek in Russia I believe is still in business), plus you can find them from dealers on Ebay or online. Local radio enthusiasts usually still have small portable tube checkers around.

Quote from: Jim Jensen on May 07, 2013, 09:48:31 AM

Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Jim Jensen

Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Hans Manhave

I used to repair electronic organs with tubes or solid state.  Made my own little circuit boards with ICs from Radio Shack. Forgot all about how to now. Have a couple books on it as it was a popular subject in the 70/80's.  Even my iPhone has more capacity to play now. There is an app for it: StrandOrgan.  and there is ChurchOrgan.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski

Upgraded to TAM 11.17 with no problems locally ... Office 2003 works fine on all computers.  I do have a separate problem with remote access, but that is for another post :-)
Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users