Barcoding.

Started by Hans Manhave, March 19, 2013, 04:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Can one generate the barcode oneself, external of TAM, based on the customer code/policy or whatever?

I would love to add it to some Word documents so we could automate the scanning without adding additional paper.

Thanks.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Conan_Ward

Not that I'm aware of, there is a bit more information that goes into the generation of the barcode which is why they're one use only and front end scanning would only allow you to put it to a specific image inbox instead of directly to the customer.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Hans Manhave

I'll leave it alone.  Found several KB articles from which I concluded that this was super secret info.

I will resolve the matter by throwing spreadsheets and macro logic at it.  The same way as I flag tedious agency bill items.  :)
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Charlie Charbonneau

While this is not technically what you are looking for, one can technically print a barcode from tam to a pdf, and stack said pdf on top of another pdf and route/scan into tam without ever touching physical paper.  But I don't think it would work with Word or Excel, unless you printed either to a pdf writer and stacked.  in all instances you would have to print each pdf to applied scanning standards for a successful attachment.

Otherwise you are stuck.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...