A P or C must be specified for personal or commercial

Started by Bob, March 11, 2013, 03:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I forget the util to fix anyone know so I can quickly fix.

Why does this happen..  PCKG app did not change and I see this from time to time "a" customer with "an" app from time to time will get this error but know darn well defined as other PCKG apps work all 99.9% of them.    Just this one giving stupid error which does so randomly when no justified reason for it to do so.  Conan?  Any answers why 1 app will do this when it's properly defined?  Like to know why this happens as it's uncalled for and should not happen.  Break it all not just an app then it would make sense. 

Conan_Ward

Other than fixing in the dbf (policy support) the utility requires everyone out and is under general>policy maint>rebuild line of business indicators.

As for why one app will break? No idea...though the information in question is stored per policy record, i'm not aware of any known issues that would clear it.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Mark

tamdbfr and manually fix?  I don't know what utility would do it.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Mark

Quote from: Conan_Ward on March 11, 2013, 03:32:02 PM
Other than fixing in the dbf (policy support) the utility requires everyone out and is under general>policy maint>rebuild line of business indicators.

If there is a utility specifically to fix this, then, well..... obviously it must happen often enough?   :o  8)
Mark Piontek, MBA

Bob

Thanks Conan!  +1 for the help..   

Thanks Mark but I try and avoid anything manual, transmissions, labor etc etc...   ;)

Conan_Ward

In the case of a situation like Bob's, not really...at least that i'm aware of.

We did have a case of issues with Canadian TAM in recent years where the indicators were having issues often enough that running the utility on a regular basis would be justified. I'm unsure of anything predating my time starting in 2007 where this utility would be as necessary as it was in that situation.

Mind you, TAM has a lot of utilities to fix things that _shouldn't_ happen too often, but are good to run when they're needed, like recompute pol_info and recalculate policy commissions.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Mark

We actually run recalc policy commissions quite often.  forgot why, but it obviously has something to do with our commissions, lol.  Maybe it's no longer needed, but I have it automated anyway.
Mark Piontek, MBA

GeorgeW

If you are on TAM and download you need to be running recalculate commissions on a regular basis! If you have the download update the premium on the billing screens, that is all it does. It does not take that new premium and adjust the company and producer commissions amount!  I cannot believe they never fixed this issue and apparently a lot of people don't even know it's a problem.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Mark

Quote from: GeorgeW on March 12, 2013, 07:33:24 AM
If you are on TAM and download you need to be running recalculate commissions on a regular basis! If you have the download update the premium on the billing screens, that is all it does. It does not take that new premium and adjust the company and producer commissions amount!  I cannot believe they never fixed this issue and apparently a lot of people don't even know it's a problem.

Ahh, that's it!  That's exactly why I automated that years ago.
Mark Piontek, MBA