The TAM Windows 7 Resolution Problem

Started by Ben Thoele, February 18, 2013, 11:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Ben Thoele on February 20, 2013, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: Bob Connor on February 20, 2013, 02:20:43 PM
I think physical screen size, aspect ration plays in our differences.  I recreated what you posted and everything fit and wrapped just fine..  20-22" widescreen with high res and 125% works nice.   Might be consideration later for those making the move over.  It's not perfect but 99% works great and users happy.  Anytime you change res or view want to close tam and go back in so it adapts and removes scrolling bards that initially happen when you do this.
When you type the activity in the "Add Note" field using the Zoom 125% it looks fine,  it allows you to type in the text,  the problem is when you review the submitted activity in the "Existing" field.  That's when it cuts off what the user thought they submitted.

P.S.  We would love to use the 125% to have larger clearer text in all Windows applications but TAM appears to be the roadblock.

I see what you mean now.  If I go back into activity to revise it shifts notes to existing and cuts off few characters at end of each line that wraps.   A challenge..  Love challenges, have to play around more.   I agree Conan long overdue fix dating back to 1980s..  Sad statement.  Guess activities is not an area they revamped yet.   Principal here still uses 800x600 I find it ugly.   In this world of IDK, OMG and WTH if most can read that I can read with a few missing characters, LOL.   ;D

Problem as I can tell fields in add notes supports more characters than existing.  Should be a SIMPLE FIX for applied, adjust field width and character count.   I certainly think Applied could fix relatively fast if they matched field values apples to apples.  Best I can tell Add Note Field  it's 6 characters more per line than values in Field for Existing.

Ben Thoele

Ben Thoele, I.T. Coordinator
TAM 12.2
33 Users
Mahowald Insurance
Saint Cloud, MN