HP Laserjet P1102W internet printing strange

Started by DebAmstutz, January 04, 2013, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebAmstutz

One of our CSRs has the above mentioned printer and in the last 3 weeks or so, whatever she prints from internet sites is very, very dark and in some cases, an entire sheet is just black.  These items used to print fine, and she said it has happened gradually, and now some of the items are just unreadable.  I have adjusted the density and set the print mode at recommended settings.  I've tried searching HP and their forums for this but haven't found it yet.  Any suggestions?  Test pages and anything printed in TAM is fine.  It seems to be just the items on company websites and other internet sites (assessor information, etc.) that are printing way too dark.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Mark

That's weird.  Is she by chance printing the background, too?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Debbie Fuson

Is it printing web pages or is it by chance PDF files from websites?  If it's PDF's, wondering if checking/unchecking "print as image" does anything for it?
Debbie Fuson
Brown & Brown of Tennessee
Vision 6.4 and Inscope

Hans Manhave

Trying another browser to save time looking for settings to change?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

DebAmstutz

Not sure about the background.  I'll look at the print as image option.  No chance using another browser here on the network.
Deb Amstutz

Gene Foraker

I think I'd nuke and re-install the printer drivers to that station.   It could be a corruption.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Jeff Zylstra

If you have another browser installed, I would try that since I've often struggled with printing things from the net.  But fresh print drivers are always a good thing too.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

DebAmstutz

I don't see an option to "print as image" so I can't try that.  It may have been printing the background of what was on the internet, but I'm not completely sure about that.  I have never uninstalled and reinstalled anyone's printer here.  I don't want to do something that gets the $80/hr guy involved because of my error.  I forgot to get a list of where she prints from the internet, so I guess I'm out of luck for the weekend, anyway.
Deb Amstutz