What's the latest verdict on TAMonline?

Started by Lance Weaver, December 06, 2012, 12:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brinkerdana

There are many a night that I'm working at 3 AM.  Being West Coast, the TOL utilities are done by then.  The only time insomnia pays off.

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Conan_Ward

Should be 12-4 central regardless of if you're Denver or Virginia, so, 10-2 and 10-4 respectively.

regarding:
•Inability to see if a connected user is working or just forgot to logoff @ end of the day (may be different if you purchase the private cloud product)

I don't suppose shadowing via the AOM utility would be any help? There is also a messaging feature via AOM though it's not used all that often and replying would be difficult (could ask the user to email you a response perhaps).
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Lance Weaver

Shadowing via AOM would be the ticket as long as the idle session does NOT need to confirm the shadow request.  Is this available in the standard AppliedOnline offering and is this available in the Private Cloud offering?

Thanks,

Quote from: Conan_Ward on January 14, 2013, 10:48:05 AM
Should be 12-4 central regardless of if you're Denver or Virginia, so, 10-2 and 10-4 respectively.

regarding:
•Inability to see if a connected user is working or just forgot to logoff @ end of the day (may be different if you purchase the private cloud product)

I don't suppose shadowing via the AOM utility would be any help? There is also a messaging feature via AOM though it's not used all that often and replying would be difficult (could ask the user to email you a response perhaps).
Lance Weaver
The Unity Group Insurance
TAM 11.1, Fax@vantage 8.1, eTfile, BenefitPoint - 51 users

Mittonman

Our firm hass 55 users and has been contemplating going to TOL. Our main reason is Epic. We have been told repeatedly by our AS rep that most brokerages that go to Epic eventually to to TOL due to the amount of IT that is required to run Epic.

Anyone else heard that?

Jeff Golas

Going from TAM to Epic, you will have some investment to deal with, basically buying SQL licensing, but I've been running Vision for 12 years and its one of my lower-maintenance systems. Of course they want to sell you on it its huge $$ for them!
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Conan_Ward

Quote from: Lance Weaver on January 22, 2013, 08:09:16 PM
Shadowing via AOM would be the ticket as long as the idle session does NOT need to confirm the shadow request.  Is this available in the standard AppliedOnline offering and is this available in the Private Cloud offering?

Thanks,

regarding:

I'm not sure if that could be enabled for a private cloud user, in standard AOM they do need to confirm. I was going by the logic that if the employees were there, it could be another tool in addition to emailing/calling/etc with that user to confirm if they were still there. If they were there and knew to confirm if they were to see that prompt come up, it could be another tool that can be used.

If there is no response to anything, then in theory you can look at logging them off. Generally speaking...if they were still there, you'd hear about it at that point.

Lance Weaver

Conan,

The Admin should be able to take control of an abandoned user session.  If it is not this way now, then it should be.  Especially when I am on my own "Private Cloud".  I should be able to make my cloud do whatever I want.  Unless of course, Applied tech support is available at Midnight (that's midnight PST for me)...

Thanks,

Lance

Quote from: Conan_Ward on January 23, 2013, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: Lance Weaver on January 22, 2013, 08:09:16 PM

Thanks,

regarding:

I'm not sure if that could be enabled for a private cloud user, in standard AOM they do need to confirm. I was going by the logic that if the employees were there, it could be another tool in addition to emailing/calling/etc with that user to confirm if they were still there. If they were there and knew to confirm if they were to see that prompt come up, it could be another tool that can be used.

If there is no response to anything, then in theory you can look at logging them off. Generally speaking...if they were still there, you'd hear about it at that point.
Lance Weaver
The Unity Group Insurance
TAM 11.1, Fax@vantage 8.1, eTfile, BenefitPoint - 51 users

Mark

What is this "AOM" anyway?  Is it just the ability to remote control an RDP session?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Conan_Ward

It's got a few different features, such as managing user accounts (add, disable, grant limited permissions) and managing sessions, so, remote control, logoff.

Lance, I do not know if that can/will be enabled. I'm aware that there is a setting for windows servers for that, but i'm not sure if the server admins would allow that to be on for specific users. That would have to be a concern that should be brought up with sales/implementation to see what they can do. 

I'm not sure i'd like to consider the issues that would stem from having 24 hour general support (or costs), though there is an option in the portal to alert our admins to any potential issues after hours for online issues, since the datacenters do have people keeping an eye on things 24/7/365.

I know these are probably not the answers you want, but they are the best that I can provide personally. Hopefully whoever is helping co-ordinate the migration for your office might be able to help work something out.