iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3 drop test

Started by Mark, October 11, 2012, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bloody Jack Kidd

I remember seeing an iPhone 4 v. Samsung Galaxy drop test where the iPhone was decimated... I've broken more than one Blackberry dropping it from waist height - it's all in how it hits.

I also dropped a cellphone in a toilet before...
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Bob

Should see HTC dropped, so rigid they break even small falls.  I've dropped my 3GS couple times, worst was crossing street in SF and it fell out.   Never broke just scratched the corner.  Maybe that curved edge helps vs. 4S and flat edge.

Is their any truth to Sumsung phones being dimmer than most in display?

Mark

I have the HTC Incredible (first one) and have dropped it on the concrete basement floor at least three times, and dropped it on the kitchen floor at least twice.  Even though the back has fallen off on some of these drops, the worst thing that has happened to my phone was a chunk of plastic missing from the corner of the back piece.  Amazon sells the back for $6.

I don't put cases on my phone either.

All that said, I'm positive that if I dropped my phone from my ear, it would no longer exist.  I just thought this video was interesting.

I have not heard of the Samsung screen being dim.  I wouldn't buy a Samsung anyway -- they got nothing I want.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Conan_Ward

I have heard of the Samsungs being dim, which make them suck if you're using it outside during the day...it's pretty bad when I have to try and use my phone on a nice day...can barely see a thing. :/
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Mark Rowe

Quote from: Conan_Ward on October 12, 2012, 08:37:12 AM
I have heard of the Samsungs being dim, which make them suck if you're using it outside during the day...it's pretty bad when I have to try and use my phone on a nice day...can barely see a thing. :/

Not a problem with my GS2. I have a bright toggle that maximizes the brightness when i want/need it. I do not use auto brightness.
Mark Rowe, CIC
Michaud, Rowe & Ruscak Insurance Associates, Inc.
North Andover, MA 01845
TAM 2014 R2, Etfile, 10 Users