Customers with no policies

Started by Andrew Carrick, May 17, 2012, 06:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Just done a clean-up check and found some TAM client records which I guess failed during the creation process. The report lists the TAM ref, but shows name as "~NEW" and has Agency and Branch blank. They don't appear in Client List in TAM. I thought I would add agency and branch codes and they would magically appear in TAM but they don't.

I could just delete them directly from the database, but I'd like to understand what else they need to become visible. Anybody know?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

GeorgeW

I've always just deleted those from the database.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Lance Bateman

Yes, either you could delete, or support could - they are not good records.

Andrew Carrick

I think I sussed it, you need to change ~NEW to something real. I changed one to "New client" and lo and behold it appears in TAM. Andrew 1, Computer 0.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice Mooney

Andrew - how did you find these? Did they show up in the results of a Tam report?  And ^5 on the find to fix it!
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Andrew Carrick

Just run the canned report "Customer List" with criteria set to "customers with no policies". Send it to excel and you can spot the crappy ones easily.

Next task is to hound the CSRs who set up the other clients but no policies!
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Ian Blundell

Do you have to go into the database directly to delete these records?  What happens if you set up a new customer and tell it to use one of these codes?  Would that let you get into the code and then delete it from within TAM?
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

brinkerdana

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on May 18, 2012, 03:22:17 AM
Just run the canned report "Customer List" with criteria set to "customers with no policies". Send it to excel and you can spot the crappy ones easily.

You don't use cross references for those corp v. DBAs?
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Lance Bateman

We try to avoid XR files - for your question, we do the following:

1. If a person only doing business (person's name) - first four of last name, first initial, dash and number.  That way it shows near or next to personal lines files also.

2. If person or corporate, with a dba - name line is the dba, attention is the person's or corporate name.  E.g. Lance Bateman dba Hopeless Romantic would have Hopeless Romantic in the "name" field, Lance Bateman dba in the "attention" field.  Numbered according to the name field.

Quote from: brinkerdana on May 18, 2012, 03:04:56 PM
Quote from: Andrew Carrick on May 18, 2012, 03:22:17 AM

You don't use cross references for those corp v. DBAs?

Andrew Carrick

Sorry, dba = ?

Ian, I tried that but it doesn't let you do it.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice Mooney

Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Andrew Carrick

Ah OK thanks. Over here we'd say "t/as" = trading as.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice Mooney

so...you guys still "trading" over there across the pond, eh? Come to 'merica and we'll show ya how da bizness is run  ;)
(sorry. couldn't let that one go for some reason)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Andrew Carrick

fugeddaboudit (as I believe the phrase goes)  ;D
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Conan_Ward

Quote from: Ian Blundell on May 18, 2012, 12:43:46 PM
Do you have to go into the database directly to delete these records?  What happens if you set up a new customer and tell it to use one of these codes?  Would that let you get into the code and then delete it from within TAM?
EDIT: this doesn't actually work, see Alice's post later
Generally it should tell you that the code has been previously used and won't let you directly create it in customers...however, you can create a prospect with the same code, move it to customers and it'll attach to that code...for a non-database workaround. Otherwise, going into the database or contacting support to have us do it will work.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Andrew Carrick

I did try the Prospect to Customer fix as that's solved other issues in the past but didn't do it this time. Thanks anyway. Have now edited the DBF and then deleted the client records.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice Mooney

Quote from: Conan_Ward on May 22, 2012, 03:27:28 PM
Quote from: Ian Blundell on May 18, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Generally it should tell you that the code has been previously used and won't let you directly create it in customers...however, you can create a prospect with the same code, move it to customers and it'll attach to that code...for a non-database workaround. Otherwise, going into the database or contacting support to have us do it will work.
Edit / KB55371...nevermind
Conan - just tried what you suggested and received an error and locked up my Tam.  Not doing anything different and all required fields are completed. Had to close Tam w/Task Manager.

EXCEPTION DETAIL REPORT

Title      : ClntMove
Error Text : An error occurred while running main move.

Process          : C:\WINTAM\AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.General.ClientMove.exe 10.0.1.0
ASTamSvr Version : 10.4.0.6
Computer Name    : CIT25000016013
User Name        : amooney
Time/Date        : 12:50:30 05/22/2012
Operating System : Windows XP Professional Build 2600 Service Pack 3
CPU              : Intel FUTURE Lev[15] Rev[4303] Num[2]
Physical Memory  : 82% free of 3275016 KB
Paging File      : 89% free of 5204980 KB

Sequence of Preceding Exceptions

Source : MoveClientValidateNewClientCode
  Number :   2147746792 (Decimal)   800403E8 (Hex)
  Desc   : "/Agency/" is not a recognized access name.

Source : .frmMove.MoveProspect

Source : AppliedSystems.Tam.Client.General.ClientMove

Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Conan_Ward

doh :(
my mistake, correction, don't do what I said, they do have to be removed in the database after all :/
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Alice Mooney

not to worry. it's all good  ;)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users