TAM reinstall after time change?

Started by Hans Manhave, March 12, 2012, 10:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I vote to ditch DST as well.  However, my TAM v9.4 did NOT run asupdate today.  I've never seen it do that on a time change, but you all mentioned versions 10+.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jan Regnier

I didn't SEE my station run asupdate when I logged in this morning.... 10.8 here..
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Billy Welsh

I cannot recall if it's every station or just the 1st to log in after clocks change - but I do remember it running after each time change.  I logged in via Term Server last night and it ran - I am sure that was the only log in after the time change and before this a.m.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Mark

Ahh, that would make sense. I'm not the first one here and we always having someone working over the weekend.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Charlie Charbonneau

lol, I was most certainly NOT the first one in after the time change!
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Robin Deatherage

I would like to stay on DST.  Once we "spring forward" I enjoy the extra daylight.  I think we need to just leave it here.  The only good thing about falling back is the very first morning you get an extra hour of sleep and that's it.  Nothing else is good about it (at least that I can think of right now - but I do reserve the right to change my mind  ;))
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Mark

Quote from: Robin Deatherage on March 12, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
I would like to stay on DST.  Once we "spring forward" I enjoy the extra daylight.  I think we need to just leave it here.  The only good thing about falling back is the very first morning you get an extra hour of sleep and that's it.  Nothing else is good about it (at least that I can think of right now - but I do reserve the right to change my mind  ;))

I just want to stay on what ever is normal.  Are we on normal time right now, or are we off by an hour?  I don't even know! lol
Mark Piontek, MBA

Lance Bateman

Often seems like ASCNet assumes "normal" is Central.
Time is a subjective issue - other than having to make contact with London, and the tv schedule, I don't worry about it much.
It's an issue though when some channels move their programs alons with DST (the major channels), but others don't (like Comedy Central) - makes it hard to track down the "Daily Show"!

Mark

Lance, I am in central.  I just meant what is the normal time?  When we spring forward or fall back?  Who is in Central time and does NOT use DST?  What time is it by you? lol
Mark Piontek, MBA

Alice Mooney

Mark - I think you're saying "normal" is whatever time it was before DST started...ever.  Yes? Nothing to do  ASCnet I think...
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Mark

Quote from: Alice on March 12, 2012, 04:35:23 PM
Mark - I think you're saying "normal" is whatever time it was before DST started...ever.  Yes? Nothing to do  ASCnet I think...

Yes.  No clue how ASCnet came up, but no worries :)  Just want to know when I'm on real time and not fake, made up time.   Who controls TIME?  I call BS on them! ;)
Mark Piontek, MBA

Bob

I'm confused what's normal too.  I would keep it like this all the time.   I enjoy dark mornings and longer days.   I think every notion used to create DST no longer applies today, including saving energy.  All bunk..   Just a pita inconvenience.   Last year or year before that some country opted out of DST.   I think most would today if put to a vote.

Mark

Quote from: Bob Connor on March 12, 2012, 04:45:12 PM
I'm confused what's normal too.  I would keep it like this all the time.   I enjoy dark mornings and longer days.   I think every notion used to create DST no longer applies today, including saving energy.  All bunk..   Just a pita inconvenience.   Last year or year before that some country opted out of DST.   I think most would today if put to a vote.

+1
Mark Piontek, MBA

Billy Welsh

I believe DST is the "fake" time - what we just switched to.  As in CDT - Central Daylight Time.

"Normal" time is in the winter - CST - Central Standard Time.

That being said who decided what is "normal?"  Probably the same wonderful politicians.  I agree with Lance that it is all relative and I'd like to have more evening daylight even in the winter.

But then again I live in the South and this may not be agreeable to the Yankees and Canucks, so I'll let them chime in for themselves  :D
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Bob

Let Canada keep it then..   ;)

When it's dark out you tend to feel like this.