Change request changing more than it says?

Started by JasonK, January 19, 2012, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonK

Hi all~

Just curious if anyone has noticed this issue.  We've discovered several instances now where we've put in a change request to delete a vehicle, told it to update immediately, and upon inspecting the vehicle schedule see that it deleted the vehicle we told it to as well as the vehicle immediately below it.  Just to make things muddier, we can't duplicate it.  Anyone else, or any ideas?

Lance Bateman

Have not seen this (what version are you using?) - but changes, deletions, additions should be done in a certain order or you can get unexpected results.

Jim Jensen

Is it possible that a change request was already there from a previous change and new changes were added to it, rather than creating a new change? I'm guilty of this myself sometimes.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

TrishaOurs

We haven't had issues with vehicles being deleted, but we have add some problems with vehicles being added multiple times. 
Trisha Ours, CISR

JasonK

Thank you for your responses!  We were on 10.4 when the change requests were put in, but are now on 11.0.  As far editing previous changes, on all of the ones we've seen new ones were added.

I initially figured this was human error because I was never able to duplicate the issue, but I was actually able to make it happen on a test client.  We have a call into Applied, I'll let you all know what we find.  If anyone else has anymore thoughts, please share!