Clean Up Claim Data

Started by Andrew Carrick, December 29, 2011, 03:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

I'm staring at the explanation of this and it's not going in, maybe it's the time of year:

Use this utility to check all claim payments, claim notes, and claimants for matching claim records. All unmatched records are written to the CLAIM.LOG in the LOG directory and deleted from the respective database.

Why are there unmatched records? Why delete them? What's it all about, Alfie?  ???
Anybody know?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Lance Bateman

I've not used this - but I could imagine if a purge was run on old closed claims, some of these types of records might remain and need to be removed?

Todd Arnold

Yep.  The "central" claim detail screen got deleted, but the sub screens that are tied to it are still out there.  Now they are orphaned, whithough their claim detail parent to protect them.  So this utility is going to hunt these orphans down, document them for you, and kill them all. 

Muahahahaha!! 

(Sorry, might be playing too many video games this holiday season to safely try to come up with analogies . >:-o )
Todd Arnold
AB Solutions, Inc.
800-753-7785 x111

Andrew Carrick

Ah so. I understand now, but am surprised we got results as we don't usually allow deletion of claims, even errors, to preserve the numbering sequence. Will investigate further.

Liked your analogy by the way Todd, there's something about destruction in the digital world that appeals. Saw "Independence Day" again last week on TV, still get a thrill from those aliens goin' down... ;D
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.