What have you found in a keyboard lately?

Started by DebAmstutz, February 17, 2012, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebAmstutz

Yesterday, the receptionist said a couple of keys on her keyboard weren't working and I went to look at it and discovered not 1, not 2, but at least 15 staples under the keys in her keyboard!  I don't know who the culprit or culprits is/are because people take turns filling in for the receptionist at lunchtime, but dang! Someone has been very careless when removing staples from mail for scanning.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

brinkerdana

What have you found in a keyboard lately?

At home, it's usually ashes!   :-[
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Jim Jensen

I used to find pop-tart crumbs. Anymore it's just dust. I am due to a blow-out I see. On rare occasion I find a paperclip.

It's funny you should mention "finds". Just this morning I took this photo of something from my youthful days that I found under a kitchen cabinet at my parent's house. Can anyone identify it?
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Billy Welsh

I have 2 or 3 paperclips residing under my keys.  They are not causing any trouble so I let them be.  Live and let live, you know?   8)
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

GeorgeW

Tea! We just had a user yesterday spill her tea right into her keyboard.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Charlie Charbonneau

Slim fast... Guess her keyboard was too large?  ???
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Bloody Jack Kidd

Quote from: Jim Jensen on February 17, 2012, 09:13:17 AM
I used to find pop-tart crumbs. Anymore it's just dust. I am due to a blow-out I see. On rare occasion I find a paperclip.

It's funny you should mention "finds". Just this morning I took this photo of something from my youthful days that I found under a kitchen cabinet at my parent's house. Can anyone identify it?

When I was a child I had a little gun that shot those things... it was awesome!
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Andrew Carrick

Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Bloody Jack Kidd on February 17, 2012, 10:50:14 AM
Quote from: Jim Jensen on February 17, 2012, 09:13:17 AM

When I was a child I had a little gun that shot those things... it was awesome!

Ding, ding! The old "tracer guns". Would store about 20 of them, then shoot them out with little accuracy, but a lot of fun.  They sell on ebay now (what doesn't?) - some are listed as high as $500 (not that they'll get it) - boosted by the Star Trek licensing they had with them at times.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Billy Welsh

I seem to recall I might have had a Phaser that shot these things, now that you mention it.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

brinkerdana

Just this morning I took this photo of something from my youthful days that I found under a kitchen cabinet at my parent's house. Can anyone identify it?

Well, I've seen the correct answer, but would have guessed it was one of those things you put in the hole of your 45 RPM record (yes, vinyl) so it would fit on the spindle of a 33RPM .
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired