new monitors - what size

Started by Lynne Desrochers, November 22, 2011, 10:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne Desrochers

I need to get a few new monitors. I was wondering what size everyone was ordering lately? Thanks!
Lynne Desrochers

Charlie Charbonneau

Last monitors we ordered were Dell UltraSharp 21's.  I love them.  You can get them for 209. @ dell atm.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Hans Manhave

As the general population ages, and only few of those will be able to retire, get the largest monitors you are able to budget.  Keeping in mind that having two or more may require less than the largest possible ones. 

I don't think you want to do this for what  you're asking but I'm starting to advocate 32" panels with HDMI hookup.  37" is nice also but a bit large to fit on a desk.  No, I have not installed those yet because there is a bit of a hesitation, but if it is important to see what is on the screen...  Until then, my first paragraph will have to suffice.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Think snow.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jim Jensen

Maybe I'm a minimalist, but I have 17" monitors to be quite sufficient. Larger doesn't always mean larger text anyway since the resolution often just gets kicked up.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Gene Foraker

We have non-widescreen 19" monitors and everyone is happy.    If you go widescreen, then 21" is the minimum.    Non-widescreen is harder to find now, but Newegg has that as a search parameter.   Many are around $139 but 2 years ago I purchased a number of Hanns-G  models for $100 with free shipping on a black Friday sale.  No failures yet.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Steven Strauss

We've foregone the widescreens to go with dual or triple 19".
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Steven Strauss on November 22, 2011, 10:48:01 AM
We've foregone the widescreens to go with dual or triple 19".

Although we have mostly dual 17", I agree with the double or triple monitors.  It's certainly more of a pain to setup and administer, but for everyday use almost everyone here prefers dual monitors to one large monitor.  And the they also prefer the non-wide screen models too for some reason.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jeff Golas

If you want widescreen...Dell 23". If you want non-widescreen (Dell still sells them), 19" is the way to go, especially for duals. I have a couple 23" widescreen duals and if I had to do it again, I wouldn't. Waaay too wide.

Jeff
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Jan Regnier

We have dual 17" and 19".  The 17" on the CSA desks mainly because that is what we have room for.  The Agents have the 19" because their desks are larger and can accommodate them.   We also prefer the "square" rather than the wide-screen.  Although at home I have one each - and I do like the widescreen for certain things.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Lynne Desrochers

Thanks everyone! I'm off to shop.
Lynne Desrochers

Hans Manhave

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lynne Desrochers

Yes, especially with someone else's money.  ;)
Lynne Desrochers