Online chat not loading (Applied support)

Started by Lance Bateman, September 12, 2011, 02:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Bateman

First time I've run into this - appears to be a new "online chat" setup, and it doesn't load.  Is this something I need to resolve and research on my end, or is this an Applied issue?

Robin Deatherage

They were having some intermitten issues with it about a week or so ago.  Sounds like it may still be having problems. 
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Jim Jensen

I presume you turned off any popup blockers (my usual problem).
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bob

Sometimes many hidden pop up blockers that install with Java, Adobe, and more when you quickly install updates hitting next, next next..  Bing, Google, AVG who knows what else.  Even when you take steps you miss one.   Removing all these add-on pop up blockers smart thing to do. 

Quick way to over come or at least for the most part, hold CTRL key in and click on the chat link.  Hold it until link opens.   Holding the CTRL key temporary by-passes pop-up blocker.  Works Most of the time but not 100%.

Lance Bateman

Thanks, Bob - I'm still trying to clean up my "profile" after the fubar last week.  Add to that, the "IT" guy (?) was apparently on my computer over the weekend, changing things.  (Never had to deal with that before, I was the "IT" guy at prior agencies).

Coral

Did you make the IT guy mad? Did the IT take away users rights on your station?
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Lance Bateman

Let's just say he does things without letting people know or considering impacts on people in the office?

Hans Manhave

Maybe the IT guy is using cool management utilities such as DameWare or others.  Or should I say "trying to use".
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein