Main Menu

Stuff you can kick.....

Started by Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski, August 28, 2009, 02:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski

You can kick the server?   REALLY?    Next time I get frustrated,
I'm gonna do that and then blame Rick   :-)

::)
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

Bloody Jack Kidd

as long as there aren't any witnesses...

:o
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Charlie Charbonneau

Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Vickie

As I replace servers I am going to purchase a hammer and release from stress  ;D
Vickie Manning
Lykes Insurance, Inc.
Tampa, FL
TAM V9.4

Hans Manhave

One of the larger MAG-LITE flashlights is less suspicious than a hammer or a crowbar.  Although steel-toed boots for kicking servers can be hard to detect too. :-X
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Christine Forbes

With the day I have had...I feel like doing that today!
Christine Forbes
ASCnet Director
The Daniel & Henry Co.
Vice President
Technology & Training Manager
225 users; TAM 10.3; @vantage 7.0
forbesc@danielandhenry.com

LOL --- only problem is... we would also be the ones to have to
fix/replace it again when we were done

But some days.........    muhahahahaha
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

Mark

Quote from: MarieLong on September 17, 2009, 01:44:53 PM
LOL --- only problem is... we would also be the ones to have to
fix/replace it again when we were done

But some days.........    muhahahahaha

So what you're saying is that when I want something that is not in the budget.....   ;D
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

"Honestly, I have NO IDEA what happened to it... REALLY... "

I like how you think Mark!    ;D
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

Jeff Golas

When I worked in a computer shop - we had a great idea to do this as an attention getter for our computer show booth, so we took an old computer (AND monitor), out back, picked up some landscaping stones and stoned it. Looked like hell and got a LOT of comments :-)
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Mark

Quote from: Jeff Golas on March 07, 2011, 10:14:36 AM
When I worked in a computer shop - we had a great idea to do this as an attention getter for our computer show booth, so we took an old computer (AND monitor), out back, picked up some landscaping stones and stoned it. Looked like hell and got a LOT of comments :-)

A year and a few months later that is an awesome story! lol

I'd like to see someone at TENcon have a booth of busted destroyed computers with a sign that says "We fix these!"
Mark Piontek, MBA

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Mark on March 07, 2011, 04:40:20 PM
Quote from: Jeff Golas on March 07, 2011, 10:14:36 AM

A year and a few months later that is an awesome story! lol

I'd like to see someone at TENcon have a booth of busted destroyed computers with a sign that says "We fix these!"

You mean there is a use for the ones that I have used for target practice?  I'll start saving them.  Was just about to take a Compaq laptop out for some aeration treatment.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Charlie Charbonneau

A few years back I got suckered into a job fair day at a local elementary school by my ex.  I loaded up a box with several hard drives and a ton of spare old floppy disks that were laying around not being used anymore.  First thing I did was pass out the floppy disks (with the warning not to do this at home!) and had each student disect the floppy disk and explained in simple terms how they worked.  Then for each class I had the all gather around and watch while I took an old hard drive apart and showed them the inside of a hard drive.  Again with the same warning!  And we talked about the hard drive and what it's function was.  The kids thought it was great, because not only did I bring props, but made it hands on!  It was actually pretty fun. :)
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Andrew Carrick

I love diassembled hard drives, they're sooooo shiny.  ;D
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Mark

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on March 08, 2011, 11:58:25 AM

The platters make a nice mirror in your cube too.  Looks good next to my retro gumball machine and analog phone.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Paul Dodgson

The last bunch I disassembled with a .308. - worked quite well - no one was getting the data after I was finished

Alice

I love diassembled hard drives, they're sooooo shiny;D

ooooo.....shiny

Andrew Carrick

Cool. We're open plan here, no cubes (which seems to be a US thing?) so a mirror would be good to prevent sneak attacks....
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Mark

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on March 09, 2011, 04:13:57 PM
Cool. We're open plan here, no cubes (which seems to be a US thing?) so a mirror would be good to prevent sneak attacks....

That was what I initially used it for, but I've been sitting in the same spot for so many years, I can hear the change in atmosphere when someone is getting close!! ROFL
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jeff Golas

Quote from: Mark on March 09, 2011, 12:09:39 PM

The platters make a nice mirror in your cube too.  Looks good next to my retro gumball machine and analog phone.

Oooh analog phone lol...I wonder if I'd get any flack for putting a payphone in mine? :-)
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com