Personal package apps moved to customer from prospect

Started by Lance Bateman, May 06, 2011, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Bateman

When creating commercial packages in prospects, then moving to customer - no problem as the "App" part create the PCKG screen.

But in personal lines, as there is no such app, we're only getting the individual coverage sections, and not the PPKG screen.  So I end up having to move the policies to get it set up correctly.

Any thoughts on how to make this work correctly?

Jan Regnier

Lance,

I think the only way to get it set up as PPKG when moving from Prospect to Client is to add an addl risk after its brought over and make it the PPKG and then move the apps around (via the billing screens)  so they are in the order you want them.  When it is a PPKG in prospects and comes over - as  you know - it only sets up the policies that are UNDER the PPKG not the PPKG itself.

Above assuming it is for a totally new client - so no existing client is set up.  If it would be for an existing client and adding more policies - maybe the 1st billing screen could be set up as the PPKG and then the prospect files added to that policy (update that policy) - I didn't try that though...
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jim Jensen

If you know up front it will be a package policy, you could set up a HOME policy, then just add the Auto app within it. Then it should come across as a single policy with auto and home sections, 1001, 1002. Otherwise it will always be 1001, 2001 and require the "move policies" fix. We often end up having to undo that later too if we rewrite to a non-packaging carrier. We don't both with the PPKG billing screen at all. It doesn't update with download and you also end up with the question of what to do about premium.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

If you set it up in Prospects in as PPKG and add each policy type ( JUMP to)- they will come over under ONE policy.  i.e. Home 1001, INLM 1002, Auto 1003 etc...
Jan Regnier

Lance Bateman

I had been doing the "add PPKG then move policies" routine - but Clint on the other site reminded me of a much easier way.

Change the x001 type to PPKG.
In the x001 screen, add a policy, code it whatever the x001 had been.  Add the policy number, dates, and the premium from the one you just did.
Don't forget to change the premium on the x001 to zero or you'll get duplicate amounts in the BofB report if you don't finesse them.

It's an easy way to fix things, and avoids the move policies step.  I'd forgotten as I'd been on Vision for a couple year.

Thanks to Clint.

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Lance Bateman on May 06, 2011, 07:48:38 PM
I had been doing the "add PPKG then move policies" routine - but Clint on the other site reminded me of a much easier way.

Change the x001 type to PPKG.
In the x001 screen, add a policy, code it whatever the x001 had been.  Add the policy number, dates, and the premium from the one you just did.
Don't forget to change the premium on the x001 to zero or you'll get duplicate amounts in the BofB report if you don't finesse them.

It's an easy way to fix things, and avoids the move policies step.  I'd forgotten as I'd been on Vision for a couple year.

Thanks to Clint.

That's what I was trying to convey on my 5/6 reply.  Guess I wasn't very clear - sorry.  This is what we do also... I add a risk and then go the first policy in the group and change it to the PPKG and then then change the policy types on the the remaining screens so they are in the order I want them.  We put the prem on the individual policy screens and leave the PPKG prem at "0".
Jan Regnier