clntfile.exe not exiting properly.

Started by Charlie Charbonneau, May 06, 2011, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Charbonneau

What would cause Clntfile to not close properly on a workstation?  I have one user with persistent problems.  No errors that she's aware of but when she goes to close out of tam she closes the client detail screen(clntfile), it appears to close but then tam won't shut down.  Tam host shows client list still open, Task Manager still shows clntfile.exe still open.  Killing the process then allows you to exit tam normally.  Nothing for the station in except.log.  tried reinstalling Tam w /rr.  made sure she's logging in with the new tamclient.exe.  She did a disk cleanup and defrag yesterday.  Station is Xp running win classic theme...
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jeff Zylstra

Any other symptoms in Event Viewer that would be helpful?  Environment variables, files and buffers set correctly in Config.NT?  Any registry issues?  Might be helpful to scan with CCleaner even if you don't end up fixing anything in the registry, just for the diagnosis.  Anti-virus conflicts or issues?  Any other network issues?  File lock issues?  Random musings or just me babbling.  Take you pick.  ;)
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Ian Blundell

Ask about the TAM error messages she has been getting but not telling you about.  Is she closing out of TAM Word documents by clicking on the X rather than using the Applied - Save and Exit?
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Lance Bateman

Using any 3rd party program that either uses Connexion, or uses its own approach for "screen wipes"?  I've had that problem intermittently here and the new version of etfile seems to be related.

Jeff Zylstra

If you're getting no joy with any of these, perhaps process explorer from SysInternals may help shed some light on what is going on.   Also, if you logged in to this machine as a different user with the same level of rights as this user (not admin rights, I assume), does this also happen?  How about logging in as admin?  I guess it could also be a broken user profile issue too. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop