Tam email is better than I thought

Started by Jim Jensen, May 05, 2011, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

Learned a piece about Tam's email process that was "hidden" from me (though ignorance and lack of obvious-ness) that will make it work much better. I had not often started an email from within tam on the client file since I am typically emailing someone other than the client, like an underwriter. I learned at a meeting yesterday that we actually CAN pull in a contact from within TAM that's not in that client's file. When you create an email from within TAM, there's a small button on the toolbar with an image of shaking hands. Click that and you can add contacts from within ANY file in TAM, from companies, vendors, other clients, employees, etc. Choose the entity type, then type in the client code and look for the contacts in that file. Then you can use the "send and attach" option. I had always started those in Outlook since I didn't know how to pull a contact from another file in this workflow. I knew you could type the name of someone in your Outlook contact and it will find them, but this means we can leave our company contacts in TAM and not have to put them in Outlook also. That's good some since companies seem to put use an underwriter merry-go-round instead of stable assignments.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

I have been using that feature for a long time!  I have tried to get others to use it - EMAILING from WITHIN TAM - but I still meet with resistance due to the lack of Outlook features not available in TAM.

I use it all the time though because it means the correspondence is already ON the client.  Plus you can attach from both inside and outside of TAM on this email and cc anyone else on the contact list.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Andrew Carrick

Amazing, didn't know that existed, thanks for the tip!
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on May 05, 2011, 10:21:33 AM
Amazing, didn't know that existed, thanks for the tip!

You can set up a signature for emails within TAM also under (HOME PAGE) Tools/User Setup/ Mail Setup
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Andrew Carrick

We have the signatures, it was the contacts bit that was a surprise, but thanks anyway.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

DebAmstutz

Jim, see what happens when you actually make it to a chapter meeting?  LOL!   ;D
Deb Amstutz
Missing TAM 5 days a week

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: DebAmstutz on May 05, 2011, 01:14:36 PM
Jim, see what happens when you actually make it to a chapter meeting?  LOL!   ;D

You're just full of one liners today Deb!  +1 for the put down.  It will counteract Jim's "smite"  ;D
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Ian Blundell

We also use emails originating in TAM for the reasons mentioned.  A big plus is that you can manage the contacts from within TAM.  The downsides are that the emails are plain text (which only techs like) and the RPost plugin isn't available so we need a different procedure for sending secure emails (whenever I get around to writing it).  There are also issues with the TAM email form not writing the send date/time as Outlook writes it so the emails are always where you expect to find them in the Outlook Sent Items folder.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on May 05, 2011, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: DebAmstutz on May 05, 2011, 01:14:36 PM

You're just full of one liners today Deb!  +1 for the put down.  It will counteract Jim's "smite"  ;D

I'm used to it - she abuses me all the time about it, not necessarily undeserved and she still lets me have a few minutes to report what's happening in interface.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DebAmstutz

I know that with his many job titles, it's not always easy for Jim to get out of the office, but I do like to josh with him regarding meeting attendance.
Deb Amstutz
Missing TAM 5 days a week

Bob

Remove the tires off his bike (hide them well) and bring a stationary bike to meeting.  Might get him to pull himself away.  :)

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Bob Connor on May 05, 2011, 03:51:40 PM

Remove the tires off his bike (hide them well) and bring a stationary bike to meeting.  Might get him to pull himself away.  :)

They wouldn't want that at a meeting - nasty sweaty and if working hard enough, noisy. Could power the generator for the latptop or projector though.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

Quote from: Jim Jensen on May 05, 2011, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: Bob Connor on May 05, 2011, 03:51:40 PM

They wouldn't want that at a meeting - nasty sweaty and if working hard enough, noisy. Could power the generator for the latptop or projector though.
human size hamster?  Cool ;D

Billy Welsh

So when the machines take over and we become batteries, are the bikers the 1st to go?

;D
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Billy Welsh on May 05, 2011, 05:26:17 PM
So when the machines take over and we become batteries, are the bikers the 1st to go?

;D

Yes, go away that is. We won't need much technology to go away. Nothing eletronic required on my bike and I can toss the GPS to the ditch.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis