Irritation

Started by Mark Rowe, May 02, 2011, 09:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Rowe

Can somebody please provide even one valid reason why someone wouldn't use the caption descriptions on the policy/memo/etc buttons on the customer screens at the top? Why on God's green earth does TAM default to no captions? Sorry....it's Monday morning and for some reason that just really irritates me.
Mark Rowe, CIC
Michaud, Rowe & Ruscak Insurance Associates, Inc.
North Andover, MA 01845
TAM 2014 R2, Etfile, 10 Users

Adri

That's pretty funny because everytime I go to someone's desk and they don't use the captions I turn them on.....LOL   I thought that was just my irritation.
Adri Wutkowski
Vice President
Robertson Ryan & Associates
Florida

Gene Foraker

You mean the button descriptions?   Shouldn't everyone know them by now?

They do take up a little extra room on the screen.   Everything gets pushed down a few lines.   Not a big deal if your screen is using higher resolution, but we have a few people who still like 800X600.   Every line counts then.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Charlie Charbonneau

I'm with Gene on this one.  Shouldn't they be memorized?   Even with captions off, you can still hover to get the caption.  So it's all good.  That being said, I have them on too!  My screen resolution is very high though, so no shortage of space here!  I only have a few still on 800X600, but they openly admit they're eyesight isn't what it used to be and can't see the small text of larger resolutions.  My opinion would be to get glasses but I guess it's not my place to say that!  I've had glasses since middle school, so it's not a vanity issue for me...
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

DebAmstutz

I sympathize with Mark.  It irritates me too when a screen with which I'm very familiar is changed.  I don't want to take that split second to think of what the button represents, I want to see the words and move on...lol.  When things look the way they alway have looked, that's one less item for my brain to have to process, and that's a good thing!  There are enough other changes elsewhere, so I'm glad when my computer screen remains the same whenever possible.  ;D
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Lance Bateman

Hey, I need them (even though I do know the TAM icons now).  I just explain to peoploe that I'm both "icon challenged" and "phone challenged" - can never get phones set up to do what they can.