Main Menu

Wanted: Ark

Started by Jim Jensen, April 21, 2011, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

Looking for an ark. Can be new or used, must be seaworthy. WIFI-capable preferred, so water damage claims can be timely reported. WIll consider trade for a car.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bloody Jack Kidd

Sysadmin - Parallel42

brinkerdana

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 21, 2011, 02:24:32 PM
Looking for an ark. Can be new or used, must be seaworthy. WIFI-capable preferred, so water damage claims can be timely reported. WIll consider trade for a car.

You can use the one we built during last winter!
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Rick Chisholm on April 21, 2011, 03:07:21 PM
expecting some rain?

More than 'some' I think. We've already been saturated with a lot recently and expecting more heavy rain tomorrow and chance of rain every day through next Wednesday.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

Sounds like you need a break.  Ever consider the desert?   8)

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Alice on April 21, 2011, 03:45:39 PM
Sounds like you need a break.  Ever consider the desert?   8)

If it's like last year. That will come in August. No need to move, just wait a while. Last year was extremely wet in Spring - oversaturated, then a drought in the summer - bad enough that there's a lot of dead grass that went beyond dormant.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

meant just long enough for you to dry out  ;)
one really needs to love the heat to stay here.

Jim Jensen

More heavy rain today and tonight - sounds more like snow forecasts any more. 2.5" to 5.5" possible through tonight. If this keeps up, I'll be handling claims on the WIFI ark from Memphis in a couple of days and New Orleans a couple more after that. Maybe we'll navigate around the gulf to Charlie's way.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DebAmstutz

The corn acreage planted in our region is way down.  Normally about 20% of the corn is in the ground and growing by now.  I think I heard that 2% has been done in Indiana so far.  Ohio has 0% in the ground.  Besides the saturation with rain, the soil is too cold for good seed germination.  It needs to warm up as well as dry up for the farmers to be able to get planting.  Years ago it was not uncommon to begin corn planting after April, but it has become more and more the rule rather than the exception to start ASAP after turning the calendar to April.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

GeorgeW

Our Corporate office is on River Road in Louisville, KY, so very near the Ohio River. With the current flooding we have water blocking the roads and entrance to our building. We currently can get access by going behind some other buildings further down the road. They're  thinking by tomorrow or Wednesday we may not be able to access the building at all.

Rain go away!!!!!
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Bob

Any comfort Jim, remember when I was posting back in March 24/31 days in March were heavy rain!  Dana knows by her post.  Just your turn now!   ;)

Jim Jensen

Rain through Thursday morning now. George is in the area that definitely has it worse. The further north in Indiana you are, the better off right now. Looks like we're headed for a wettest April ever. Already at #10 with 3 more days of rain to come, maybe more, depending on when the weekend rain arrives.

With our heavy clay soil doesn't go well with lots of water. Deb, the fields here are untouched. I saw a tractor Saturday with its disc array attached, going down the road, but I don't think he could have been turning any soil anywhere.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

We have standing water in the backyard....so wet the golf course can't mow either.  A rainy November April is not good!  It would be somewhat tolerable if it was at least warm temps....but 40-50ยบ and rain does not work for me!
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

DebAmstutz

The only place I saw activity in fields was in northwestern Indiana on the way to Chicago on April 12.  Our area has a lot of clay too, so the wetness from the rain tends to hang on awhile.  If the temps would be higher, the grass would grow faster and we'd be looking at baling the grass in yards here once it could be cut!
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

brinkerdana

We have adobe clay so ran runs off.  I'm beginning to think that our rainy season will be ending soon.  It makes Northern California beautiful, green hillsides, wild flowers everywhere, water to drink, but if it doesn't stop soon, it will also create a lot of grass and brush for fire food later in the summer.

I'm done with winter.  Now if Ma Nature would only cooperate!
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired