ASI support - online chat broken?

Started by Bloody Jack Kidd, April 18, 2011, 11:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Mark on April 19, 2011, 04:40:05 PM
Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 19, 2011, 04:36:57 PM
And I can never get their connectivity thing for techs to connect in to work using IE - have to use FF and then they tell they don't think in works with FF (but it does).

I believe that they are still using the Linktivity product.

Yep, that's it. Couldn't remember the correct name without looking. Linktivity only works in FF for me. Backwards from what they tell me should work.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 19, 2011, 04:44:01 PM
Yep, that's it. Couldn't remember the correct name without looking. Linktivity only works in FF for me. Backwards from what they tell me should work.

Often, but of course not ALL the time, compatibility statements for web based programs/applications are related to ActiveX.  For example, Kaseya would prompt for you to download an exe file when it sees that ActiveX is not available and one attempts to shadow a client.  I'd guess it's probably a similar thing with Linktivity.  Instead of the ActiveX auto (or prompt) install, it promps a download and do a manual install.

If you want Linktivity to work in IE, you might just need to reset some settings for ActiveX or security, etc.  Or, just use FF and be happy! :D
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

Funny Jim!  You have the opposite affect..  I would much rather use FF!  Mine worked for a while then stopped.   I mentioned but of course, FF not supported use IE is all I got.  Why I added IEtab. 

I think you jinxed yourself now..  Next time you try it won't work!  :P