Security Manager - Attachments

Started by Alice, April 11, 2011, 05:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Does anyone know off the top of your head if it is possible to give someone access to add an attachment for a specific category but not be able to view the attachment after it's been attached? Or do they need View and Add rights to be able to just attach?
I didn't see this specifically on the KB and would save me a lot of testing time.
TIA!

Andrew Carrick

I'm sure I've tried this in the past, and if you click Add, it automatically ticks View as well, so I believe the answer to your question is no.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Lynne Desrochers

I actually had this yesterday, in the Company File. They had added an attachment, but couldn't view it. So I think the answer is yes Alice, you can do this.
Lynne Desrochers

Andrew Carrick

Tension mounts as the opposing views await resolution... ;D
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice

Interesting
Well, I was able to remove View and keep Add, but no one else is in yet for me to test it out. I used to have a scanner but had to give it up when one of them broke over there and they wouldn't replace it. So now I have nothing to test with.  :'(
Since it works for Lynn with the Company file, I don't see why it wouldn't work the same way with the Customer file.
Andrew - sometimes little things like that are in updates but aren't mentioned in the release info. I don't recall seeing it mentioned but I haven't read all the past releases lately either ;)

Andrew Carrick

TAM is such a vast animal really, no-one knows everything about it, which just emphasizes the value of this forum!
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on April 12, 2011, 08:50:04 AM
Tension mounts as the opposing views await resolution... ;D

Causing tension again Andrew?  Demerit for you!   ;D
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Andrew Carrick

:o
it just gets me through the day...
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Joshua Conner

you can attach anything with any category you dont have to use a scanner.

Yes you can do it.  I have used it in the past to let people attach and not see it.
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Alice

Thank you Joshua!  Just saved me a lot of time.
The data techs scan and attach mostly. I'm more concerned about them since they are not licensed...don't need to be.

GeorgeW

If they are scanning and attaching it, they can see it anyway?  :)
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Lynne Desrochers

Causing tension again Andrew?  Demerit for you!   ;D
[/quote]
Yes, and for a shy poster like me it might scare me back into lurking only!
I actually left myself an out saying it was in the Company file that I  noticed the behavior, in case I was wrong.
lynne
Lynne Desrochers

Andrew Carrick

Don' be shy. I love being wrong, it keeps me humble...
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice

Quote from: George Watson on April 12, 2011, 02:54:11 PM
If they are scanning and attaching it, they can see it anyway?  :)
The paper is supposed to be destroyed after scanning/attaching. But don't ask me who's in charge of that little task.
I think the idea is to allow attaching but not view/print so if they know they're leaving the company they can't take it with them.
But then...it's the agent that gets the signatures from the insured so what's to stop them from writing down the info or even make it easier on themselves and just run to the copier?
This is regarding the EFT category they have that is authoring EFT for payments to the company. So checking/savings account/routing numbers, address and is signed buy the insured (sometimes an actual copy of a check). Yes, most of that should be redacted but when there are no official work flows guess what...it's easier to just take access away.

GeorgeW

I understand, was just being silly  ;D
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Andrew Carrick

Causing tension again George?  Demerit for you!  ;D  ;D hee hee
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice

Quote from: George Watson on April 13, 2011, 08:49:22 AM
I understand, was just being silly  ;D
I know George. I just get so frustrated with the insurance department sometimes and need to vent  ;)