Backup to Disk not external attached to USB port

Started by Orlando Alonzo, April 11, 2011, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

Brett,

Can you be more specific about being "supported" on Windows Server? Is this specific that WindowServers won't recognize the drivers for the system without eSata, or is there a software compatibility issue?
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Brett

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 12, 2011, 02:14:11 PM
Brett,

Can you be more specific about being "supported" on Windows Server? Is this specific that WindowServers won't recognize the drivers for the system without eSata, or is there a software compatibility issue?

It's hardware-related, Jim. The USB 2.0/3.0 connection may not function reliably in all Window Server environments.

Orlando Alonzo

Maybe Brett can arrange for an Applied Users group discount.  What do you say Brett?
Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

Brett

Quote from: Orlando Alonzo on April 12, 2011, 02:59:31 PM
Maybe Brett can arrange for an Applied Users group discount.  What do you say Brett?

I'm already speaking with Rick about the possibilities  ;)

Bloody Jack Kidd

Quote from: Brett on April 12, 2011, 03:10:48 PM
Quote from: Orlando Alonzo on April 12, 2011, 02:59:31 PM

I'm already speaking with Rick about the possibilities  ;)

I'm always looking out for you guys!
;D
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Orlando Alonzo

Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

KenH

I've been using Server 2003 included B/U software as a scheduled task to backup to USB External drives for a few years.  I have been very happy with the results.  The last server upgrade, I restored the data from the backup drives.  There may be better backup software, but I think in the Tape to Disk argument, Tape has no chance.
John 'Ken' Hughes

Bloody Jack Kidd

Ironed out the details with ioSafe - AU promotion info here http://mcaf.ee/fda1c

20% off select disaster proof ioSafe hardware - thanks to Brett and ioSafe.com

Sysadmin - Parallel42

Jim Jensen

Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Gene Foraker

Quote from: KenH on April 12, 2011, 06:18:36 PM
I've been using Server 2003 included B/U software as a scheduled task to backup to USB External drives for a few years.  I have been very happy with the results.  The last server upgrade, I restored the data from the backup drives.  There may be better backup software, but I think in the Tape to Disk argument, Tape has no chance.

Great to hear.   Acronis may be great, but is $900.   The software I have now works OK, it was installed with the server.   Works OK, but no one has every heard of it.   Tapeware from Yosemite Technologies.   Probably no better than the Server 2003 utility, though I haven't looked into that.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.