TAM 11 release pushed back?

Started by Robin Deatherage, April 08, 2011, 10:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Deatherage

I heard that TAM 11 might not be released until 3rd qtr now.  Is there any truth to that?  If I recall correctly the initial target date was end of April or first of May.
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Jim Jensen

The original target date, or the 2nd "original" target date.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Lance Bateman

Personally, I don't really worry too much about a release date slipping - AS LONG AS they do better quality control on what they've released.  So glad we're not back in the days of "it's out but there are major problems".

Robin Deatherage

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 08, 2011, 11:00:24 AM
The original target date, or the 2nd "original" target date.
LOL!  I guess I should say the 2nd original target date.
Robin Deatherage, CIC

Robin Deatherage

Quote from: Lance Bateman on April 08, 2011, 01:46:01 PM
Personally, I don't really worry too much about a release date slipping - AS LONG AS they do better quality control on what they've released.  So glad we're not back in the days of "it's out but there are major problems".
Well, I'm wanting v11 for the 64 bit compatibility so I can make some hardware purchases.  Getting a little impatient and want to buy. 
Robin Deatherage, CIC

GeorgeW

My source (and I think a pretty good one) says release should be mid-June.   Of course, who's to say that won't change either :)
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Robin Deatherage on April 08, 2011, 02:27:19 PM
Well, I'm wanting v11 for the 64 bit compatibility so I can make some hardware purchases.  Getting a little impatient and want to buy. 

Will any of your workstations have over 4 Gigs of RAM?  That's the only reason I know of to opt for a 64 bit OS - to address more than that much memory.  Could be wrong on that, but that's what I've heard.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Joshua Conner

I talked to a senior support agent on friday he said 64bit will be supported in version 11 but office 2010 will not. 
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Robin Deatherage on April 08, 2011, 02:27:19 PM

If you are purchasing these for users with > average tech skills you may be able to stop waiting on the sidelines.  I am running TAM 10.7 (and just recently 8.5) on a 64-bit system using the XP Virtual Machine.  Works very well.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

GeorgeW

Where is Andy, can't he answer when V.11 will be released?   ???  ;D
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Andy

(working on it - they don't like to tell Marketing much because we have big mouths) :) 

Billy Welsh

Not to mention your eyebrows.  And mustache.  And those glasses.  And nose.   ;D
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Charlie Charbonneau

It's not really your fault when we hash out things before the big announcement!  Geez... You get a bad rap Andy, we wouldn't front you out man!
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

GeorgeW

Shouldn't really be a big announcement, they orginally said it would be released first quarter 2011, didn't they?  :)
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jan Regnier

Wonder if the new Cert of Ins (5/2010) will be included....we'll all be out of compliance with ACORD if it's not.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Ian Blundell

That is why (along with some pesky Canadian auto ID issues) there is going to be TAM 10.8 which is causing TAM 11 to be pushed back.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2