activity from form printing "floats"

Started by Jim Jensen, March 31, 2011, 12:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

I noticed the other day that the activity created when printing a form seems to float around in the OS. Tam doesn't dock it into the task bar and it doesn't show up using alt-tab either. I was completing one and had to refer to something else and had a real dickens of a time getting back to it, since it became covered by other apps. Absolutely could not locate it, not even with task manager (with the possible exception of killing the service). Ended up choosing the "Show desktop" button to minimize everything, then I think I selected the form from the task bar and it finally popped back into view. Didn't do that without minimizing everything. Talked to support and, as I figured, it's just the way it is. So PMR #227520 entered to get it to show up somewhere easily. I mentioned that there's a distinct lack of consistency on child-windows being easily found if you navigate away from them. I have that issue with print interfaces in closeday all the time. Don't know whether that made it on the PMR or not.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

GeorgeW

Addressed this problem with Applied a long time ago. Seems to happen most often here on Auto ID cards, but happens with other forms too. Seems like it was a big issue with change requests in the past and that was supposedly fixed in one of the upgrades. And, yes, it can be a problem sometimes finding the window!
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jeff Zylstra

Does it appear as an entry in the TAM Host window of open TAM programs?  We had this issue a while back with invoice screens. You couldn't close the program because the window was minimized and a level or 2 below other open windows, and there was no tab for the program on the bottom of your screen.  It was maddening.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

DebAmstutz

I've had it happen occasionally during closeday too.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on March 31, 2011, 01:33:02 PM
Does it appear as an entry in the TAM Host window of open TAM programs?  We had this issue a while back with invoice screens. You couldn't close the program because the window was minimized and a level or 2 below other open windows, and there was no tab for the program on the bottom of your screen.  It was maddening.

Nope, TAM host was completely empty (which was odd since I had a client & cancellation form open). Didn't show on the task bar, didn't appear using alt-tab, wasn't on the application list in task manager. As far as Windows was concerned, the window didn't exist.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis