Save Billing Screen to History?

Started by Sara Lieser, March 10, 2011, 04:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Lieser

We have a department which uses TAM billing screens but no apps (so that all accounting can be done in TAM).  Since their work does not require them to use TAM, no applications exist behind their billing screens so when they update the billing screen they get the pop-up message: Save policy data to history?... is there a way to suppress this message on the billing screen (only)?  I know it is a small annoyance but having to click through the box each time is a waste of time.
Sara Lieser
Commercial CSR/Workflow
Mahowald Insurance Agency
Saint Cloud, MN
Epic 2014, 39 Users

Lance Bateman

I don't think you can set the activity requirement based upon whether there is an app or not.

We still save them, as especially if they have renewals, that's the only record you may have - such as for endorsements, audits, claims.

Bob

Not sure if this is fix or not but try going to TAM home base (not sure if they still call it that but main screen), on tool bar above, click on tools.  Drop down choose system setup.

Scroll the options and since everything listed alphabetical order, go to "Require History" and uncheck that.

Andrew Carrick

We have a lot of policies without apps but still use this feature and encourage CSRs to put something in the history box so that we have more of an audit trail, even for minor changes.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Bob Connor on March 10, 2011, 04:58:52 PM
Not sure if this is fix or not but try going to TAM home base (not sure if they still call it that but main screen), on tool bar above, click on tools.  Drop down choose system setup.

Scroll the options and since everything listed alphabetical order, go to "Require History" and uncheck that.

Just keep in mind that the rest of the departments would have to remember to save apps to history if you choose this route.  I'm guessing that the small annoyance may be better than missing the history for those departments who would actually need that history. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Lance Bateman

Personally, I'd never do that, especially if Producers get into the customer files.  Too easy to lose your track of coverage history, causing all sorts of problems - besides leaving you open for E&O if the other side finds out that you aren't forced to maintain history.

Quote from: Bob Connor on March 10, 2011, 04:58:52 PM

Bob

I was just answering the question as presented here.   ;) ;D

Jim Jensen

As silly as it sounds, if you create an application, I don't believe it asks the question. The app could be blank, but as long as it's there, the question doesn't present. Stick an Acord Application Section with it and they're done.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Lance Bateman

That works - but if you're ever trying to delete/purge that policy, you have to at least move the app to history, then delete it, before you can delete the billing screen.

Quote from: Jim Jensen on March 11, 2011, 04:16:41 PM
As silly as it sounds, if you create an application, I don't believe it asks the question. The app could be blank, but as long as it's there, the question doesn't present. Stick an Acord Application Section with it and they're done.

Todd Arnold

The "Require Hisory" option is different from this - that one just makes it so that you can't cancel out of the save to history prompts.  I think Jim's solution is the way to go.  And since you shouldn't be casually deleting billing screens - especially ones with transactions entered against them, having the extra step of deleting the blank app first wouldn't be a bad thing.
Todd Arnold
AB Solutions, Inc.
800-753-7785 x111