Drag-and-drop emails in V.10

Started by Andrew Carrick, February 23, 2011, 05:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

I think I know the answer to this already. At the moment this process copies the .msg file into Attachments then moves it into TAM from there. It doesn't delete the original and doesn't give the user the option to delete during the drop process. Users are not automatically going back and deleting as they should.

Can this be changed, does anybody know? We'd like the email to leave the user's inbox as it is dropped into TAM. Presume this is hard-coded so I'm not expecting a positive answer.....
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Matthew Udovich

Morning Andrew :-)

The way it was explained to me was that once the attaching is done, control is passed back to the email application where the user can simply press the delete key to delete the email, since it is highlighted from the drag and drop process.

I tried to be as positive as I could :-) Hope this helps.

Andrew Carrick

Thanks. That explains something else - users often complain here that the end of the process is in Outlook and not in TAM. "It's so you can delete the email, dudes"

Cheers Matthew.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.