Commission lines

Started by Hans Manhave, February 03, 2011, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Does TAM 10.x still only have 3 lines for number of producers?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

brinkerdana

Quote from: HMan on February 03, 2011, 03:43:22 PM
Does TAM 10.x still only have 3 lines for number of producers?

Yes.
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Hans Manhave

Wow, that is very limiting to our operations.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lance Bateman

How many producers are you splitting the commission with on a policy???

If you really need it, you could consider codes that cover various combinations.

Quote from: HMan on February 03, 2011, 06:05:53 PM
Wow, that is very limiting to our operations.

Hans Manhave

I appreciate the suggestion, I have used aggregate codes.  Not very good if one has to hand reports to each individual, generate more journal entries, reversing items etc.  New reports would have to be written and that is what I will have to do.

As MGA one gets to do many things.  Most of them interesting.  Something new every day.  I've been here 26 years and still get to learn something new, create yet another Excel formula, create another database interface, reporting structure etc.  If it is in TAM, I can get it out.  There may be a  TAM solution existing already, I may not have stopped and asked/taken the time to find out.  Boldly gone where no one has gone before (to keep with changed theme in another thread).  Sometimes to my detriment, I must admit.

I just thought I'd ask because then I would have a good reason to speed up catching up (9.3 - 10.x).  But Acord forms are not our thing so I don't need it for that. 

Why I could use more than three will remain with me, other than that it is for tasks performed by MGAs.  Account managers, underwriters, teams, production groups etc. all get credit in their own special ways and that is just the beginning.

I think I remember that Epic is structured differently in that area and so at some point that may come in handy, but I could be wrong.

Sherry Burrell

Epic will allow multiple producers and multiple servicing roles that can be defined by each agency.  I cant remember the #s, but I believe it something like 25 producers and 99 servicing roles.  (Each agency defines their own servicing role names, but you can have CSRs, account managers, claims, account techs, etc.)  You can also limit the roles to types of business if you want to - benefits, bonds, commercial, etc.

Producers can also share commission $ and can also share production credit, which does not affect their producer payable.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Sherry Burrell on February 07, 2011, 11:36:52 AM
Epic will allow multiple producers and multiple servicing roles that can be defined by each agency.  I cant remember the #s, but I believe it something like 25 producers and 99 servicing roles.  (Each agency defines their own servicing role names, but you can have CSRs, account managers, claims, account techs, etc.)  You can also limit the roles to types of business if you want to - benefits, bonds, commercial, etc.

Producers can also share commission $ and can also share production credit, which does not affect their producer payable.

Thank you for that update.  Relieve is in sight then.  Two, three, five years maybe, but it is on its way.

I would not mind starting an Epic install on the side and slowly, ever so slowly (in a one year, 12 month time span) switch over.  I still have questions, I have never seen Epic for example, but the buzz has been good so far. 

At least I have all the stuff to run it.  New server, new Windows 2008, MSSQL 2005, etc.  Maybe the Epic mobile will come barreling down I-20 and I can see it some day.  Always wanted a job where I could drive an RV for a living, but that would take me away from the range.

brinkerdana

Always wanted a job where I could drive an RV for a living, but that would take me away from the range.

A friend of mine did that.  She worked for the start-up that came up with on-demand-type TV and traveled around the country demonstrating it to cable companies.  She had a blast!
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired