Did I miss something with the info move function?

Started by Orlando Alonzo, February 25, 2011, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orlando Alonzo

So I've decided to start populating our contacts list. I figured I'll start by importing the drivers from the personal auto app into the contacts.

I had the receptionist use the info move function to import the drivers from the drivers tab of the personal auto application into the contacts list. What I discovered is that the year portion on the acord app is a only 2 digits, and when they converted into the contacts list anyone with a birth year starting with 00 (for 2000) converted to 1900's.

Did I miss something? I thought the info move utility was straight forward.

I was told by Applied that this a known issue and we will have to correct these dates manually on the contacts list. Wished they would put some kind warning on the KB docs about things like this.  >:(

Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

Jim Jensen

I think it only happens to a paricular window of dates, like maybe 1900-1930? Whatever the years are where Applied uses "A0", "A1" for 2000, 2001, etc.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Orlando Alonzo

I kinda've figured. Just frustrating that issues like this still exists.
Orlando F. Alonzo III

Jim Jensen

Yeah  well, issues will always persist when you only 1/2 fix something - just like when we hit 2010 and auto ID cards were printing B0 instead of 10 in the dates. "Oops, guess we only put in a 9 year fix in some areas."
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

brinkerdana

Hmmm.  Y2k was 11 years ago and they haven't fixed the Info Move thing. 
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Lance Bateman

Anyone that didn't go all the way to 8 digit date storage (including Microsoft) didn't fix y2k, they just put it off again.

Quote from: brinkerdana on February 25, 2011, 06:37:19 PM
Hmmm.  Y2k was 11 years ago and they haven't fixed the Info Move thing. 

Orlando Alonzo

I agree why only fix it halfway.  I had a great time trying to explain this to my receptionist, who told me that I thought there was no Y2K problem.
Orlando F. Alonzo III

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Orlando Alonzo on February 28, 2011, 09:15:45 AM
I agree why only fix it halfway.  I had a great time trying to explain this to my receptionist, who told me that I thought there was no Y2K problem.

Apparently they hoped to have us all off TAM by 2010 since they also forgot to update code to translate B0 correctly for 2010 in some places. Or those programmers involved planned not to be working at Applied by 2010 and wouldn't have to revisit the issue themselves.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Orlando Alonzo

You know, there might be truth in that.

Quote from: Jim Jensen on February 28, 2011, 10:15:59 AM
Quote from: Orlando Alonzo on February 28, 2011, 09:15:45 AM

Apparently they hoped to have us all off TAM by 2010 since they also forgot to update code to translate B0 correctly for 2010 in some places. Or those programmers involved planned not to be working at Applied by 2010 and wouldn't have to revisit the issue themselves.
Orlando F. Alonzo III