Main Menu

New Workstation Printer

Started by Jim Jensen, October 13, 2009, 02:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

As you can see, I'm having a tough weekly with technology. My printer is starting to grind up something inside (a dark plastic sheet material) and probably will need to be replaced. It's a HP1200. I like the small-ish footprint. We have a couple of HP1320s and I like the duplexing ability, which I defintely want. I print Acord forms, letter, envelopes, reports and such with it, so it does need to play well with TAM and forms. Suggestions as to what is out there now and works well? I can buy another HP and I'm sure it will be fine, but there's other choices, I know. Looking to spend $400 or less for it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

deb.landrum

I like the HP 1200 style as well - because of the footprint.  We have a local fella that buys surplus from offices closing down, etc. (When Enron tanked, he picked up a TON of stuff CHEAP!) He goes through and refurbs the stuff and then resells it for quite reasonable prices.  I bought HP 1100 and 1200 printers for every CSR to have as local printers and they were each only $99.00  Most of them had less than 5000 pages on their meter counts.  My last purchase was an HP 4050T as my local printer (no auto duplexing) for the quite reasonable cost of $240.00.  It has been runnng like a champ for 4 years now.

Dunno if you have anyone doing such things local to you, but it sure has been a great money saver for us. 

<sarcasm>And the added benefit was that the CSRs felt like they were being given something special rather than having to walk to one of 14 network printers we have...after all, a 20 yard round trip can really put a dent in their day! </end sarcasm>
Deb Landrum, AAM, AIT
WinTam 9.4 | 80 Users | Server 2003 | Workstations with WinXP & Win 7 | CSR-24 | Citrix Presentation Server & Citrix Receiver  Clients | Office 2K3 | Back End scanning with eTFile |
Symantec Enterprise AV | GFI FaxMaker | DameWare | no more room here

Gene Foraker

As I posted to the laptop message, I recently purchased from the Progressive Agents discount program a Dell 2335dn Multifunction laser printer/copier/scanner/fax for $345 with free shipping and 4 year warranty included.    Standard program List is $449 with a $90 sale now going on.   Shipping and extra warranty extra.   We are very happy with it.

This is a fairly large multifuntion, definitely not small footprint, but it is a great machine, has duplexing, networking and prints Applied forms fine.   Very low toner costs.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Bob

Dell printers are Lexmark printers with Dell logo and support.  Since moving to them, never missed HP once..  I love the three 3110cn color lasers we use.  Check out Dell printers online Jim.  Think you'll be pleased.  Nothing wrong with HP.  3yrs and counting we are completely happy with the Dell/Lexmark line.  :)

Jim Jensen

I did buy a Dell 2230d after seeing a thread in the "old" newgroups. I didn't think about the Prog discount, but it was only $150 anyway. They threw in a wireless print server, which was cool since I've wanted one at home for quite a while. I could shut down the computer the printer's connected to unless we actually need to use it (which is rare). Then I realized my printer at home doens't have a USB port, which is required. So, it will sit for a while (I don't have any wireless in the office) and the 2nd computer will stay on.

I ordered an extra toner cartridge with it and they shipped in 3 shipments: print server, toner and printer. That's the order they arrived too. Not only did I need the printer more quickly, the other 2 aren't needed without the printer.

So far I like it other than wishing it were quieter.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis