Anyone Upgrading to 10.7?

Started by Ray Alvarez, January 04, 2011, 03:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Alvarez

I haven't heard much buzz about TAM 10.7.  Usually by this time I've heard about all the new bugs & problems so that I can decide whether to upgrade or not.  Did anyone upgrade?  Is it "clean"?  We're currently on 10.5 & are considering upgrading, but don't want to introduce any new problems.
Ray Alvarez, AAI, AIS
Petschauer Insurance Agency
New York City
TAM 2014;
Exchange; Win2003 Server; 15 Users
Upload, Download/TS/CL/PL

Robin Deatherage

I'm going to sometime this month. I need an accounting fix that is supposed to be included.
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Ian Blundell

We've been running 10.7 for about a month now.  The biggest thing that comes with it is support for Windows 7.  There are a few fixes and no new problems that I've come across.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Jim Jensen

I did it over the holidays when it was quieter. I had stopped at 10.4 or 10.5 for a while and decided that the issues presented by the subsequent versions had been remedied enough for us. I've had no issues that I'm aware of (who knows what I'm not aware of).
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Robin Deatherage on January 04, 2011, 03:34:09 PM
I'm going to sometime this month. I need an accounting fix that is supposed to be included.

Details, please!  We have it in a test setup but I have not yet put it through the Accounting paces.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Bob

We went to 10.6 only because TAM played better with TS 2008 than previous versions so Steve told me, so I did.

One night this month I'll connect from home and update.  10.5/10.6 worked fine for us.  Never had any horrible experiences.  10.7 works better with Windows 7.  That should make most want to update.  I think that alone is more important than any minor bugs or inconveniences.  An app that supports your operating system should be 1st.  I've not heard of any bugs yet.   :)

Robin Deatherage

Quote from: Billy Welsh on January 05, 2011, 01:04:51 PM
Quote from: Robin Deatherage on January 04, 2011, 03:34:09 PM

Details, please!  We have it in a test setup but I have not yet put it through the Accounting paces.
Our accounting problem has to do with the fact that our fiscal year ends 6/30 and not a calendar year.  We kept running into problems if accounting had to update a disbursement during the month, then when they would do the comparison to last year things were out of balance.  I would have to run the rebuild GL Blanaces for a Month utility to fix it.  If your fiscal year ends 12/31 this should not have been a problem for you.
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations