User getting various errors at signon

Started by Drew Buckley, December 03, 2010, 07:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Buckley

Hi Everyone
I have a user who seems to be getting various errors when signing on to TAM (local). I have attached some pics.
Not sure if this is a culmination of many issues (somepossibly user error) or something more fundamental with her user setup.
I am going to check out her activities to see if she has a corrupt old activity - maybe use the activity utility to close any old activities, but some of her problems dont seem to be linked to activities.
Appreciate this is quite a wide ranging question!!! Any suggestions?
Drew Buckley
Consultant
Insurecom
EX Farmers & Mercantile IT Manager & TAM user (9 years)
Previous TEAMONe Training Chairman

Andrew Carrick

We had an OCX sign on error once and it was fixed by renaming WTSETUP.INI file so that gets recreated next time they log on. Might be worth a go.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Drew Buckley

Thanks Andrew
Was thinking that it probably was the user settings as they are also getting some weird filter errors, so will try doing this, thanks again
Drew Buckley
Consultant
Insurecom

Bloody Jack Kidd

running asupdate.exe /rr may also be in order - to fix ocx/dll registration issues
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Drew Buckley

Thanks Rick

Not sure if someone gave me a curveball as were adamant that there errors were linked to a large mailbox size - they also have issues with errors loading homebase when loading mail. Know that I had a user with a gb sized mailbox and it just took a while to load but never errored out - although I finally got them to reduce it in the end! Anyone seen any mail related error messages with TAM?
Drew Buckley
Consultant
Insurecom

Andrew Carrick

Not since moving to v 10, where the mail inbox doesn't load into Homebase. Still get some errors during attachment process though.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bloody Jack Kidd

I'm inclined to think this problem is related to the user's environment and not necessarily mail. 
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Drew Buckley

That's my hunch too, will get on site and check it out. Thanks for all the help Rick and Andrew, will let you know what I find!! ;D
Drew Buckley
Consultant
Insurecom

Andrew Carrick

Say Hi to Ali for us, tell her to get reigstered on here!
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Drew Buckley

I'm still flying the flag for the forum  ;D

Whilst I am not sure if this is a mail issue, it is certainly one area I want to resolve with this user. Was amazed to find that their mailbox was just short of 8gb, so will iron this out and see if they continue to get the same error.

As an aside, and I will post in another thread, does anyone have any good auto archiving software they can recommend for use at exchange level, rather than relying on users locally on outlook and .pst files?
Drew Buckley
Consultant
Insurecom

Jeff Zylstra

In no particular order....  Clean temp files, check autoexec.nt and config.nt, check user permissions and make sure the user has full rights to C:\wintam, and also any TAM related INI files like Wintam.INI.  Like Rick said, run Asupdate too and maybe even uninstall TAM first and remove the folder if need be.  Also, try the Windows Classic theme.  Seems to me I've seen this error before and that it was somehow video or theme related, but my old brain isn't what it used to be.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop