Certificate lockdown?

Started by Jim Jensen, November 05, 2010, 09:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

Is there a way to set security or other options so that Certificates holders are treated like documents - once print or completed, they can't be changed? I noticed that on occasion someone will "update" a certificate for a specific holder and now the original version is gone. I have a feeling that there's no option to do so and I will need to adopt the policy of printing each one to PDF and attaching it. However, I don't really want to permenantly keep all certificates either and I don't think there's a way to choose categories to purge en mass, by date.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

brinkerdana

I don't recall seeing a way to lock down certholders on the certificate.  Most of the agencies I've been in, attach the cert and any endorsements as a document with the CERT activity so they have a record of what's been sent because it was difficult to keep folks from changing certs once they'd been issued.

/d
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

DebAmstutz

What happens if you remove the "revise" rights on certificates?
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jim Jensen

That should lock them out of doing anything with certs. I don't want to do that, I just would like a way to have issued Certs not be changeable (like we have set for our documents).

Quote from: DebAmstutz on November 08, 2010, 09:11:49 AM
What happens if you remove the "revise" rights on certificates?
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

I know sometimes we have to amend an address and resend as the insured doesn't always do a stellar job at renewal to make sure ADDRESSES as well as holder name is correct on the list.

We keep the original date of issue on the Cert when we reissue with any changes and we note on the Cert that it is Amended.  I don't know if there is any easy way of handling this issue.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Lance Bateman

I'd push for imaging and attaching any certificate sent out.

Gene Foraker

Yes, this is a big E&O exposure.   TENcon had discussion tables at lunch one day.   I sat with some Applied product design employees and told them we should be able to lock down Certs and change requests after printed.   They seemed to understand and like the idea  but I can't believe that this hasn't been brought up before.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Sherry Burrell

Just an FYI - Epic produces a PDF of each cert/evidence/change request/application issued (printed/faxed or emailed through Epic) and automatically attaches it to the client file attachments.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Gene Foraker

Sure and you can have a workflow that every cert should be printed to pdf and attached, but really, it should just not be possible to be able to go into a cert entered 6 mo. ago and change the limits of liability.   They should be forced to enter a new one.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Jan Regnier

Agreed, Gene - limit changes are a bit different than amending an address.  We set up a 2nd set of certs if limits change.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio