More Multi-Agency questions

Started by Bob, October 12, 2010, 02:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Time consuming project but coming along.

My next question is with form letters.   Before I ask I do go look in TAM first.  :)

Any way to assign form letter to specific Agency or Branch.   I'm not seeing it which means I'll have to tediously edit each form letter to pull from each Agency and branch.   Can't hurt to ask just in case someone knows a trick or easier way to handle.  I'm thinking a lot of editing and making folders having each branch default to folder of documents.

Lance Bateman

You should be able to set one letter, and just have it pull from the agency/branch related to that customer.  That should then pull the proper info in.  You shouldn't need to set up different letters for each.  I know this worked for us.

You may have to duplicate per agency, I've not checked that.

Quote from: Bob Connor on October 12, 2010, 02:06:54 PM
Time consuming project but coming along.

My next question is with form letters.   Before I ask I do go look in TAM first.  :)

Any way to assign form letter to specific Agency or Branch.   I'm not seeing it which means I'll have to tediously edit each form letter to pull from each Agency and branch.   Can't hurt to ask just in case someone knows a trick or easier way to handle.  I'm thinking a lot of editing and making folders having each branch default to folder of documents.

Bob

Thanks Lance..  I'm sure I could make some conditional statement to pull info.   Just don't do it often enough I forget and often a pita..  I hate form letters that turn into programming.  :(

Hans Manhave

I start my agency specific form letter names with the agency number.  6xxxxxxx, 9xxxxxxx, etc.   The descriptions are a bit more wordy, I start them with the initials of the agencies.  Also make folders and stick them in there for quick access.  I have everybody needing everything so I don't tie the user or the document down too much. 
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Bob

Yep!  What I've been doing.  I forgot all the tedious work involved with acquisition setups.  :)