Author Topic: Errorteck  (Read 4859 times)

Offline FWA

• Gold Member
  • Emat gladium!
Errorteck
« on: June 30, 2010, 07:27:42 am »
Anybody know anything about Errorteck.com and their software?  It showed up in one of the 'Ads by Google' on this site.  I understand there is not much control over the ad content and that Google probably accessed what I googled for in the last twelve hours.  I googled for the website name now, and found the first page to be links from cracks, s/n generators etc.  I found that an indication that the software could be ligit, why else crack the thing?  So, anyone have any experience with it?
When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
As of 1/30/2013, I no longer use PayPal because of privacy considerations.
Playing "Wack-a-Mole" with TAM is my favorite pass time.

Offline Bloody Jack Kidd

• Scalliwag
  • prepare to be boarded
    • Parallel42
Re: Errorteck
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:58:36 am »
There might not be control over the ads, but if something looks fishy, I'm pretty sure the domain can be reported, filtered and/or removed.

Looking into it....
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Offline Bloody Jack Kidd

• Scalliwag
  • prepare to be boarded
    • Parallel42
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:03:12 am »
Errorteck itself appears legit - although of questionable usefulness.  For me Googling "errorteck" or "errorteck.com" gives me top result links directly to their site, a few results down I do see a site for cracks for errorteck.

That, to me, indicates a lot of people don't want to pay for Errorteck products and are just trying to crack it to use it, I don't think anything untoward is going on.
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Offline FWA

• Gold Member
  • Emat gladium!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 05:45:34 pm »
No complaint here, I just find it interesting that I get to see so many interesting ads in my native language. (see attached).
When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
As of 1/30/2013, I no longer use PayPal because of privacy considerations.
Playing "Wack-a-Mole" with TAM is my favorite pass time.

Offline Bloody Jack Kidd

• Scalliwag
  • prepare to be boarded
    • Parallel42
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:08:53 am »
I'd click on that!  Much more interesting than what I see.
Sysadmin - Parallel42