Author Topic: AppRiver Portal Changes  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Bob Connor

• Scalliwag
    • Kosich Insurance Agency, Inc.
AppRiver Portal Changes
« on: September 15, 2011, 03:36:41 pm »
If you suddenly can't get in, they likely redirected you to the new portal which is intense..  A lot to it and a lot of navigating.  Well maybe more so for me as admin user not sure as individuals.

You need to change your shortcut/url what have you to https://cp.appriver.com

More than likely your existing password will not work.  You'll need to put in your email on new portal, then request new password.

Just went through this sudden surprise.  As the admin user site has more to offer in reporting and tools.  :)
Bob Connor
IT/Project Management/Accounting
Kosich Insurance Agency, Inc.
Kosich Family Ins Serv.
Lafayette, Fresno, Clearlake, Lakeport & Ukiah
TAM 2013/SBS2003/TS 2008/2008-R2 Server

Offline Billy Welsh

• Gold Member
  • Scotty, beam me up
Re: AppRiver Portal Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 04:16:52 pm »
But on the SPAM filter they have removed some of the functionality that was in the old portal.  Disappointing to me in that respect.

For example you can no longer blacklist an address or domain with a single click or two.  You can white-list it but to black list you have to copy, then go to Filters.

Offline FWA

• Gold Member
  • Emat gladium!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »
I received a message a week or so ago that our MX records needed to be changed, but it didn't say why.  I didn't do it. 

Oh well, I'm actually looking into having this through our phone service provider.  Just waiting on some details of the spam/virus control and screen shots of my admin features.

I'm sure this is going to be an improvement for Appriver.  Just wish they would have put a bit of an effort into announcing it. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:44:01 pm by HMan »
When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
As of 1/30/2013, I no longer use PayPal because of privacy considerations.
Playing "Wack-a-Mole" with TAM is my favorite pass time.

Offline Bob Connor

• Scalliwag
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »
I agree Hans!  They do a poor job notifying or following through..   They said they emailed me on 14th but even logs show didn't receive it.  Each time something like this happens I get the sorry for the inconvenience.  Not 1st time either.   Some annoyances are they brought back 7 days worth of trapped spam, sorts/filters are slow as is the refreshing of pages.

Work in progress I imagine but slow today..
Bob Connor
Kosich Family Ins Serv.

Offline Billy Welsh

• Gold Member
  • Scotty, beam me up
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »
I agree Hans!  They do a poor job notifying or following through..   They said they emailed me on 14th but even logs show didn't receive it.  Each time something like this happens I get the sorry for the inconvenience.  Not 1st time either.   Some annoyances are they brought back 7 days worth of trapped spam, sorts/filters are slow as is the refreshing of pages.

Work in progress I imagine but slow today..

I did get the 1st e-mail that said coming soon.  But no follow up stating "tomorrow is THE day."  So an unpleasant surprise for me as well, ESPECIALLY the 7 days of duplicate SPAM.  There should have been a better way.

Agree with your comments on the speed of the portal.

Offline Bloody Jack Kidd

• Scalliwag
  • prepare to be boarded
    • Parallel42
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:08:52 am »
just had an appriver rep in here, was expecting some response...
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Offline Matthew Udovich

• Frequent Flyer
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 10:15:14 am »
If you suddenly can't get in, they likely redirected you to the new portal which is intense..

Any chance you can share the new portal address?? I still get pointed to the old one, just curious about what's coming :-)

Offline Ian Blundell

• Frequent Flyer
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:33:44 am »
I'm using https://cp.appriver.com/Admin/Users.aspx
I need to log in with my email address user account rather than the web address and password I used to use for the old portal.
My portal switched back in July and I had to email them to get the new link.
I agree that it takes a lot more clicks to blacklist an email address and isn't at all intuitive (at least to me).
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Offline Bob Connor

• Scalliwag
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:18:14 am »
Matthew you can try Ian's link but think he copied logged in or just logged out as admin.  Same address see my 1st post.

What created confusion was lack of any explanation, tour nothing.  As the admin for our account I logged in with domain name not email address.  Users always logged in with email.  My account was changed.  They did take my email and associate to admin but whole process wasn't handled very well or communicated.  Just assumed.  Still nothing to help make best of experience and new portal.  More like you're on your own call if you need help.   Change is good if deployed correctly and communicated along with some documentation as to what's new.   They could be more professional in my opinion.  :)
Bob Connor
Kosich Family Ins Serv.

Offline Matthew Udovich

• Frequent Flyer
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 12:27:28 pm »
Thanks fellas, I must have been on the 'new' portal form the beginning :o and totally unaware there ever was an easier way.  ???

Offline Bob Connor

• Scalliwag
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 12:44:13 pm »
I think they are moving people over in group different times.  Seems East moved earlier than west as Margaret and some others were moved or maybe those who bought using ASCnet discount all moved as group.   I'm not part of that deal had my own.

I like some of the search abilities like subject now, but site is HORRIBLE in terms of being slow!   When I say delete all, sometimes it sits and spins its wheels does nothing.  Have to try again and wait.   Just listing spam, or when filtered by user, takes too long to return results.  Unacceptably slow.  Taking more time to do basic things because site is not responsive.  Not even accurate at times.

Not sure if I want to continue paying for this experience unless I see drastic speed improvement!  Make it work reliably and quicker..  I have better things to do than be slowed by a poorly functioning site and its definitely the site!  AppRiver you are welcome to contact me personally!  ;)
Bob Connor
Kosich Family Ins Serv.

Offline FWA

• Gold Member
  • Emat gladium!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 01:08:00 pm »
I think their server farm is not as efficient yet as it needs to be.  Maybe as more users are moved to the new system, no problem of significance is reported, they will start wiping old units and enabling them under the new system.  I have no special knowledge, but noticing how slow it operates for me, I can only hope.  Also maybe the reason for no announcement.  We are on hosted Exchange through them, not just virus/spam service.
When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
As of 1/30/2013, I no longer use PayPal because of privacy considerations.
Playing "Wack-a-Mole" with TAM is my favorite pass time.

Offline Mark

• ScurvyDawg
  • meh.
    • Mark Piontek
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:41 pm »
MX Logic notifies me of things that never even affect us.  They still have their downfalls though, one of which is their now parent company.
Mark Piontek, MBA
IT Director
BS in Information Systems Security
MarkPiontek.com